Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CVP DBLookup cursor/concurrency type

I was just wondering if anyone has used the standard DBLookup step in CVP against an SQL 2005 database.

I have developed a simple CVP application which does database lookup on the DTMF digits entered, to select a single field from the database based on the digits.

In tomcat, I am getting the following error. "com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The cursor type/concurrency combination is not supported"

This is using the standard CVP studio DB Lookup step and occurs when restarting tomcat when it tries to load my application. Is there something I need to do to successfully connect to a SQL 2005 database?

Thanks

Alex

3 REPLIES
Green

I've not had any problems. You defined the JNDI in server.xml and used this in you Database Element - correct? Can we see that?

What is your query? Single or multiple?

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

I appreciate your help.

The context.xml and web.xml are defined in the .../VXMLServer/Tomcat/conf folder

I have defined the JNDI in the context.xml. (I've removed the IP Address and passwords).

WEB-INF/web.xml

auth="Container"

type="javax.sql.DataSource"

maxActive="100"

maxIdle="30"

maxWait="10000"

username="mots"

password=""

driverClassName="com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver"

url="jdbc:sqlserver://:1433;DatabaseName=MOTS_DB;"/>

In the web.xml folder I have defined the following:

MOTS  

jdbc/MOTS_DB  

javax.sql.DataSource  

Container  

This is my DBLookup.xml file

single

MOTS_DB

<strong>SELECT SkillGroup FROM MOTS WHERE MOTS={0}</strong>

Here is the error. This is on the .../logs/GlobalErrorLog

12/06/2011 02:33:35.493, SERVER ERROR: An error occurred while loading application 'ATT_Enter_MOTS'.

com.audium.server.AudiumException: There was a problem creating the database tables for the user management system.

at com.audium.server.controller.AudiumServerConfiguration.initialize(AudiumServerConfiguration.java:856)

at com.audium.server.controller.AudiumServerConfiguration.initializeAll(AudiumServerConfiguration.java:739)

at com.audium.server.controller.ControllerInitializer.(Controller.java:3484)

at com.audium.server.controller.ControllerInitializer.doInitialization(Controller.java:3501)

at com.audium.server.controller.Controller.init(Controller.java:371)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1139)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:966)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:3956)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4230)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:760)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:740)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:544)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:825)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWARs(HostConfig.java:714)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:490)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1138)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:311)

at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:120)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1022)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:736)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1014)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:443)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:448)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:700)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:552)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:295)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:433)

Root Cause: com.audium.server.userManagement.LoggingException: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The cursor type/concurrency combination is not supported.

at com.audium.server.userManagement.ApplicationLogger.getApplication(ApplicationLogger.java:78)

at com.audium.server.userManagement.UserManagementLoggerAPI.getApplication(UserManagementLoggerAPI.java:132)

at com.audium.server.userManagement.UserManagementLoggerAPI.addApplication(UserManagementLoggerAPI.java:120)

at com.audium.server.controller.AudiumServerConfiguration.initialize(AudiumServerConfiguration.java:853)

at com.audium.server.controller.AudiumServerConfiguration.initializeAll(AudiumServerConfiguration.java:739)

at com.audium.server.controller.ControllerInitializer.(Controller.java:3484)

at com.audium.server.controller.ControllerInitializer.doInitialization(Controller.java:3501)

at com.audium.server.controller.Controller.init(Controller.java:371)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1139)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:966)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:3956)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4230)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:760)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:740)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:544)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:825)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWARs(HostConfig.java:714)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:490)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1138)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:311)

at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:120)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1022)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:736)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1014)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:443)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:448)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:700)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:552)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:295)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:433)

Green

Re: CVP DBLookup cursor/concurrency type

Why have you configured web.xml?

I normally configure context.xml and server.xml. For example - context.xml

WEB-INF/web.xml

and server.xml (reformatted for readability)

auth="Container"

type="javax.sql.DataSource"

removeAbandoned="true"

removeAbandonedTimeout="60"

logAbandoned="true"

validationQuery="SELECT 1"

factory="org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory" driverClassName="com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver" url="jdbc:sqlserver://a.b.c.d:1433;user=UA;password=;DatabaseName=IVR" />

I've never put this in web.xml. Check the CVP Manuals

Regards,

Geoff

Views
Helpful
Replies