Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CVP Default Routing

Hi,

we have a whole range of dialed numbers which are routed to CVP like 9850XXXX.

Because not all of them are currently used by the ICM, we configured only the used ones in ICM Dialed Number List Tool.

The customer now wants to play a special meesage for those which are currently no used like that number you dialed is not in use.

Any idea how to handle those calls?

Because right now the CVP play back the critical_error.wav.

We do not want to change that file to a differnet message, because we want to inform the cusomer if there is an error.

thanks

Markus

3 REPLIES
Green

Re: CVP Default Routing

This is a common requirement. If you have a block of numbers coming up from the gateway, and you don't have a dialed number - call type - scheduled script for them, they will get the CVP error.

I define a new call type for these and map the DNs. A simple script with a PM microapp plays the custom message "the number you have dialed is not in service, please check the number and dial again". I stole this WAV file from the CUCM annunciator set.

If this leads to a huge set of numbers, and XXXX looks like a lot, refine the gateway dial peer and let the other numbers go to CUCM, where they will naturally hear the above message.

Regards,

Geoff

Going forward, you may want to consider checking out the CVP forums on the Cisco Developer Community where much of the activity has migrated these past few months for CVP:

http://developer.cisco.com/web/cvp/forums

I noticed an interesting bug fix in ICM maintenance release 7.5(6) related to this topic, CSCsz14358.

I haven't had a chance to try it but it looks like you can do what you're looking for by setting the Default Call Type under System Information in ICM config manager.

Any DN routed to ICM that does not have an explicitly configured dialed number should run the script for that call type.

Views
Helpful
Replies