Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP en-gb Locale

Kartik Bhatia
Level 1
Level 1

CVP docs talk about setting user.microapp.locale to en-gb

However there is no en-gb folder where C:\inetpub\wwwroot\en-us is at. Its only en-us.

So since there are no GB specific wav files, will setting user.microapp.locale to en-gb help in nay form?

I want the system specific prompts to be GB.

Also, is there a way to MALE teh system prompts, as they are in a Female voice.

Assist Please.

Thanks,

Kartik

7 Replies 7

I thought I had seen locales at some point for CVP for other than en-us and sp-us, did you try re-running CVP setup?  It might be there.  Or check the installation CD.

As for male voices, you will have to record your own.

david

Thansk David,

I did check the setup CD before posting - it has a folder called CCB Downloads which has CCBAudioFiles.zip in it - this zip file has only one folder when extracted - en-us

The setup does not give any such option as well.

I checked CCO Download page as well to see if I can get locales from there - didn't help.

Any ideas please?

Regards,

Kartik

I went back to the 7.0 media and nothing, I don't have any 4.0 media or I would check that too.  Honestly, I'm out of ideas except for contacting PDI or your Cisco sales person.  Hopefully someone on these forums has run into a similar issue.

david

Kartik,

You will likely need to record your own messages. All the user.microapp.locale variable does is set the base directory for microapp files. You can create whatever "locale" directory structure you like as long as the user.microapp.locale variable is long enough to hold the directory names, but the recommendation is of course to use the standard 5-letter "en-us", "en-gb", "fr-fr", etc.  You need to create the directories on the media server yourself. I think the default "en-us" directories are just meant to be a working example.

When recording new files, just make sure they're in the right format:

64kbps Bit Rate

8 bit Audio sample size

Mono

8 kHz sample rate

CCITT u-Law

-Jameson

-Jameson

Hmmm

I womder what CIsco means when they say the below in CVP config guide:

------------------------------------------------------------------

Play back types for voice data
Configuring how voice data is presented to a caller is an important part of setting up your Unified CVP IVR.
The "Data Play Back Types" table below describes each type, along with sample valid values and formats for
the supported locales when NOT using TTS:

Unified CVP micro-applications
• en-us. English (United States)
• en-gb. English (Great Britain)
• es-mx. Spanish (Mexico)
• es-es. Spanish (Spain)
Locale is selected by setting the user.microapp.locale variable.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Notice they say when NOT usnig TTS ?

Yes, they also say "sample valid values". They're valid mainly because they're 5 characters long and fit in the user.microapp.locale variable length.

They're for non-TTS situations, because CVP is not a TTS server, and specific configuration will depend on your TTS server if you have one.

-Jameson

-Jameson

and BTW - my prompts are ALAW - I don't know if you have faced this issue before or not - my service provider from whom we have the SIP trunk - send ALAW and 729 capabilities - CVP didn't play any prompts - I were to hard code alaw on the CVP & NVRU dialpeer on the CUBE and convert all my prompts to ALAW :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: