Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP external forward - Timeout problems RNA

mschweitzer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we have a customer who transfer calls to external phones (or external service centers).

Because we have configured at CVP a RNATimeout for the normal incoming calls which are handled by agents, this timer also affects calls which we transfer to external phones. But in this case we don't want care about RNATimeout.

Up to know we have in the ICM Routing Scripts 10-20 dynamic labels (with external phone number) in sequence with option Enable target requery, if for any reason the call at the external phone will not be answered in the RNATimeout.

Is there any other way to transfer calls to external numbers and doesn't care about the RNA Timeout? Or have only one label for each external transfer?

kind regards

Markus

12 Replies 12

liszhang
Level 1
Level 1

Currently the CVP VB can only support a single transfer timeout, which applies to all transfers, whether to agents or to PSTN destinations.

Hi,

thanks for your response, I know that we unfortunately have only one timer. But do you know a workaround to get calls transfered to an external number without the RNA timeout? Or a workaround that we don't need a mass of dynamic lables with the external number in sequence in case that the external phone doesn't pick up?

Many thanks

Markus

chleblan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Markus,

There is no solution for this problem in CVP 3.x, but we're considering enhancements to solve this problem in an upcoming release.

Regards,

-Chris

This is a very big issue. It is impossible to get around the need to transfer calls in a call center to non-agent phones or external pstn numbers. The ability to disable target requery or something on a label step or something. I am not sure but I am very much looking forward to having this issue solved.

andy dignan - berbee

The funny thing is that if you deploy CVP 3.x with IPCC 6.0 you can set the RNATimeout to something like 60 seconds and set the Agent Desk Setting timer to say 16 seconds and assign a RONA script. After the 16 seconds RONA works properly. For external transfers 60 seconds is obviously plenty of time.

I know the configuration guide doesn't recommend this and it isn't a best practice but if you have 6.0 this does actually work.

In 7.0 this breaks, the Agent Desk Setting timer is always ignored.

Whatever changed from 6.0 to 7.0 would be great to have back :)

andy dignan - berbee

Andy,

The issue is that once a GED-125 Connect has been sent to CVP to transfer the call to the IPCC agent, the VRU PIM cannot send another Connect until it gets a response (such as RNA) back from the first one.

If it tries to send a second Connect while the first one is still active, then it gets stacked up behind the first one, and goes through once the first one receives a response. By that time it is likely to be outdated, and could end up causing a call to be delivered to an unsuspecting agent along with the wrong caller's screen pop information. This would be an intermittent problem which you may not have noticed.

A second Connect would be issued if your RONA script (the one which we recommend you don't have), causes a Network Transfer label to be sent to the original routing client, CVP. If you've got things configured such that the RONA script's label goes only back to Call Manager, then that may work (though clearly you won't be able to do any further queuing or self service, since you can't transfer the call back to CVP without sending a label to CVP).

So here's the seed of an idea. If you can arrange that all labels generated from the RONA script are sent only to the Call Manager routing client, and do without further queuing or self service, then you may be able to do what you want to do. But it's going to take some fancy footwork to get those agent labels to behave that way. You may have to turn off call.NetworkTransferEnabled in the initial incoming routing script, which would also effectively disable agent-to-agent blind transfers. Or you may be able to accomplish it by playing with the Network Transfer Preferred checkbox in the IPCC Peripheral and the CVP Peripheral configurations in Setup. It's going to take some trial and error, and it really isn't something Cisco recommends.

- Jeff W.

jwolfeld,

thanks for the explanation. One thing to note is that CVP 3.0 with IPCC 6.0 SR2 allows the timer assigned to the Agent Desk Settings to work.

Basically, it works just like it does with IPIVR.

We configured the RNATimeout in CVP to be 45 seconds and the Agent Desk Setting to 16 seconds. Also in Agent Deskt Settings we specified a RONA script. Route Requery is disabled.

Obviously this is not how the CVP guide says it should be configured. However, this does work with CVP 3.0/IPCC 6.0.

We have another implementation of CVP 3.0 with IPCC 7.0 and the Agent Desk Setting timer is completely ignored.

So...what changed in IPCC 7.0 that would cause this to be "fixed" and can we "break" this in a Service Release for 7.0 ;)

any help is appreciated as this is very tough to workaround.

adignan - berbee

Ditto. I'm seeing the same issue and would love to see a fix....

We have 3.0 and the 6.0 and RNA does nto work according to the Desktop settings.

It woks only after the VB Timer exrpires

We have the Router Requery Enabled and the CVP TImer is 45 seconds the the desk timer is 11 seconds

What SR are you on? I am on SR3.

I know its hard to believe but honestly, the RONA is following the Agent Desk Settings timer and the RONA Script applied to the Agent Desk Setting.

I really wish I knew why it was working so I could re-create this....

axg85429
Level 1
Level 1

Does any one has an update on this issue?

Does it work now with 7.1 or 7.0 SR4?

I see this still isn't fixed in 4.x. Any updates on this issue in further releases?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: