cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP Java Script

Chuck Smith
Level 1
Level 1

So I am still a little new to CVP Studio so bear with me. In IPIVR you can call Java functions like String.substring(0,3) and it will return the first 3 characters of the string. How would you accomplish this in CVP Studio?

3 Replies 3

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

Well in CVP you actually need to write a custom Java class. There isn't builtin Java functions like there is in IP IVR. The documents on Java for CVP Are quiet extensive. You will then use things like the action element and the decision element to use the classes :)

HTH,

Chad

Which documents would you say are the best for starting with the custom classes. I am no where a Java developer so it might be a lost cause but I have gotten lucky from time to time. :)

well on the devolpers forum / wiki thing. There is a bunch of CVP example class templates. After that its just knowing where to put the classes and thats all in the CVP Developers guide.

Chad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: