Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CVP NewBie Questions About Routing

Hello, newbie here to CVP. Got a deployment with UCCE/CVP 9X and CUCM/Unity Conn 9X. No Sip Proxy and current environment requires us to route calls to CUCM before routing to ICM/CVP. I know this is not the best setup but there's no budget to move over call handlers from UnityC to ICM at this point so all calls will be pretty much coming from CUCM beofre hitting ICM. That said, I'm getting conflicting info on how to setup routing. Probably over read things too much. Based on my testing, I'm needing 2 PIMS on each PG to cover both CVP servers which means I need 2 VRU labels to account for each CVP Routing CLient (ie. 121212 and 131313)??? I've heard though that I only need one but my call routing fails if it's not 2. Is this correct? If it is, how does ICM know which  CVP VRU label to use when a call is initiated from CUCM to ICM? And how do I make this redundant in CVP without SIP proxy or DNS Srv? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Everyone's tags (7)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: CVP NewBie Questions About Routing

No, you build the same label for all CVP routing clients.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

4 REPLIES

One VRU label for CVP PG and one for CUCM PG is all you need.

Chris

Thanks Chris. Does this mean the second CVP routing client is ignored? If I create 2 PIMS for each PG to point to the 2 CVP servers then I end up with 2 CVP routing clients right?

Re: CVP NewBie Questions About Routing

No, you build the same label for all CVP routing clients.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Ahhh. It never occured to me to create the same label for the second CVP routing client (ie. 161616 for CVP1 and 161616 for CVP2). Thanks man!

Views
Helpful
Replies