Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP reporting database outage.

r.boloor.rao
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

CVP documentation says if the reporting database is temporarily down the calls gets logged to a temporary file on the call server. Where is this temporary file located ?. And if the Reporting Server is up is there anyway to confirm if the data is written to Database ??..

We are using CVP 7.0.2.

Any help on this much appreciated..

Thanks in advance.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

dehebert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

The filename is CVPReporting.tmp in CVP\tmp folder.

Here is a little more information on it:

Reporting Server's persistence file is meant for momentary disconnection to the database.  The server writes the data to the file while the database connection is down or being reconnected.  The file has the limited size so it would not be able to hold large amount of data.  During that period the server is still accepting messages until the max file size (100MB) is reached.  The data held in the file will be written to the database first thing upon reconnect to the db.

View solution in original post

I just checked my lab. It goes away when the data is written back to the DB after the DB comes online.

It is pretty easy to test if you have a lab handy.

Just shut down the Informix IDB cvp db through Windows Service Console and then place a couple test calls, you will see the file get created. Once you turn the DB back online and the data gets written, you will see the file disappear. I didn't notice it decrease but my file was also only 14kb.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Denis

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

dehebert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

The filename is CVPReporting.tmp in CVP\tmp folder.

Here is a little more information on it:

Reporting Server's persistence file is meant for momentary disconnection to the database.  The server writes the data to the file while the database connection is down or being reconnected.  The file has the limited size so it would not be able to hold large amount of data.  During that period the server is still accepting messages until the max file size (100MB) is reached.  The data held in the file will be written to the database first thing upon reconnect to the db.

Thanks for the info,

So will the temp file be deleted after all the data is written to db ?.  Will the size of the temp file be decreasing as it writes the data into db ?.(To monitor if its writing the data from temp db).

Regards,

I just checked my lab. It goes away when the data is written back to the DB after the DB comes online.

It is pretty easy to test if you have a lab handy.

Just shut down the Informix IDB cvp db through Windows Service Console and then place a couple test calls, you will see the file get created. Once you turn the DB back online and the data gets written, you will see the file disappear. I didn't notice it decrease but my file was also only 14kb.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Denis

Good post, as I am new into informix.

The only way to get the loggs of the CVP is to send for informix DB server? Or there is another kind of methods in case we do not need to send for Informix? Any suggested thing that could really help and guide us?

In the end, we need to have a tool that can help us to generate reports, we appreciate if someone direct us for a tool to get reports and appreciate if it has a front end tool (web based tool)?

Regards

Bilal