Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Blue

CVP Server Sizing

The HW & SW Spec lists the MCS-7845-H2-CCE1 as a supported server for the Call Server and VXML server. However, the minimum requirements for each of those servers it says the following:

2 x 3.4GHz or greater Intel "Xeon" class processors

4096+ MB RAM

73+ GB usable disk space

Internal DVD-ROM drive

1 x 100/1000 Ethernet ports

According to those minimum requirements, the MCS-7845-H2-CCE1 servers don't even meet those requirements as it has 2 x 2.33GHz "Xeon" class processors.

Am I overlooking something.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: CVP Server Sizing

The minimum requirement is for 2 single core processors, running at 3.4GHz. However, the newer servers are Dual core, which run at a slower speed, but deliver much better performance from the 2 cores.

The MCS-7845-H2 servers have 2 x Intel Xeon 5140 2.33-GHz CPUs, which are DUAL core Xeon processors, where each of the 4 processor cores run at 2.33GHz.

The MCS 7845-H1 servers have 2 x Xeon 3.4-GHz CPUs, which are SINGLE core Xeon processors, where each of the 2 processors runs at 3.4GHz.

The same is true for the IBM equivalent - I1 vs I2.

C.

2 REPLIES

The minimum requirement is for 2 single core processors, running at 3.4GHz. However, the newer servers are Dual core, which run at a slower speed, but deliver much better performance from the 2 cores.

The MCS-7845-H2 servers have 2 x Intel Xeon 5140 2.33-GHz CPUs, which are DUAL core Xeon processors, where each of the 4 processor cores run at 2.33GHz.

The MCS 7845-H1 servers have 2 x Xeon 3.4-GHz CPUs, which are SINGLE core Xeon processors, where each of the 2 processors runs at 3.4GHz.

C.

C.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content