Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cvp standalone to cvp comprehensive

Hello Guys,

I have a question, I have a  CVP Standalone VXML Self Service and I need to integrate the CVP to UCCE as  SIP CVP comprehensive, what is necessary to do change the setup?Is necessary reinstall server cvp?

Can anyone suggest me how I can switch to this new scenario with the least impact?

Thanks,

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Didn't you also post this question on the CVP Developer's Forum? I answered very briefly there.

You may not have to reinstall - it depends on how you ran the installer originally. If you installed the Call Server and the ORM layer when you installed CVP VXML, you could have everything there.

I did an install last year for a customer. Originally they wanted CVP Comprehensive, including a self-service financial app talking to SAP. But then they wanted to wait for ICM 8.5(2) for W2008 so the project was split into 2 deployment phases - the self-service app as a CVP Standalone, and then later the contact center with CVP Comprehensive (SIP).

Because I knew a normal Comprehensive install was coming I just installed as per normal and added the VXML servers as such (not "stand-alone") to the Ops Console Device Map. The standalone app was developed and deployed into production. Some months later, the contact center was built with CVP Comprehensive (SIP).

The stand-alone app remains in place. You can mix them if you like. Dial peers control the business.

The only thing that you may want to change is if you have added the VXML servers to the Ops Console Device Map as "Standalone" you may want to remove them and add them again as normal VXML servers.

I can't say for sure you will have everything you need. It depends how the initial install was done. You could have checked off a couple of boxes you would normally leave set.

Regards,

Geoff

View solution in original post

You just need to redeploy the application from Studio - make the ZIP package - using Ops Console. Assumes Studio is still in place. Hope that's true.

I am not sure that you could take the deployed application files under CVP\VXMLserver\application\\data and put them on the new install in the same place and run CVP\VXMLserver\application\\admin\deployapp.bat - you may be able to.

But the best is to redeploy correctly from Studio using Ops Console.

Regards,

Geoff

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Didn't you also post this question on the CVP Developer's Forum? I answered very briefly there.

You may not have to reinstall - it depends on how you ran the installer originally. If you installed the Call Server and the ORM layer when you installed CVP VXML, you could have everything there.

I did an install last year for a customer. Originally they wanted CVP Comprehensive, including a self-service financial app talking to SAP. But then they wanted to wait for ICM 8.5(2) for W2008 so the project was split into 2 deployment phases - the self-service app as a CVP Standalone, and then later the contact center with CVP Comprehensive (SIP).

Because I knew a normal Comprehensive install was coming I just installed as per normal and added the VXML servers as such (not "stand-alone") to the Ops Console Device Map. The standalone app was developed and deployed into production. Some months later, the contact center was built with CVP Comprehensive (SIP).

The stand-alone app remains in place. You can mix them if you like. Dial peers control the business.

The only thing that you may want to change is if you have added the VXML servers to the Ops Console Device Map as "Standalone" you may want to remove them and add them again as normal VXML servers.

I can't say for sure you will have everything you need. It depends how the initial install was done. You could have checked off a couple of boxes you would normally leave set.

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks you very much Geoff.

From what you wrote on the Developer's Forum, it's not looking good for you. You did not install the Call Server.

But don't be deterred. Ripping out a complete CVP and putting it back is about the easist thing to reinstall in UCCE/CVP.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

Can we have a standalone call flow with the comprehensive setup

Regards,

Dass

I have that at one customer. The dial peer that runs the self-service application as CVP Standalone through the service in the application section on the gateway functions as such.

Other dial peers direct calls through a CUSP SIP Proxy to the Call Server in Comprehensive mode. I don't see anything in the CVP documentation that disallows this.

Regards,

Geoff

Hello Geoff

What are recommendation for to do backup of vmxl server standalone ?

I thinks to backup then run setup again to enable call server more vmxl server, but can I backup the application or audio or anything more?This in case of rollback.

Best Regards.

You just need to redeploy the application from Studio - make the ZIP package - using Ops Console. Assumes Studio is still in place. Hope that's true.

I am not sure that you could take the deployed application files under CVP\VXMLserver\application\\data and put them on the new install in the same place and run CVP\VXMLserver\application\\admin\deployapp.bat - you may be able to.

But the best is to redeploy correctly from Studio using Ops Console.

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks very much Geoff.

Best Regards.