cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVP Studio - CED Return

Might be I am asking too simple questions:

ICM 7.2.5

CVP 4.0.1 SR1

How do I return the Caller Entered Digit for a CVP Studio Element-Digits back to ICM using Subdialog Return. There are no more CED option to the caller between Element-Digits & Subdialog Return in the CVP script.

So in Subdilog return Settings there is a Red * Star Caller Input - what's its function and how do I use it? And if I click on {} button, do I choose something from Call Data or Caller Activity to return the Caller Enter Digit back to ICM in a FromExtVxML variable? or How?

-----------------------

In a Element-Digits or Element-Option_Menu, if I set MaxNoInputCount & MaxNoMatchCount to 2 and also associate Audio files to them, then after 1 wrong/no-entries the caller is supposed to hear 'Please Retry' and after the 2nd one the caller should get out from the max_noinput / max_nomatch branch - and it does But play 'Please Retry' 1 time and then immediately gets out of the max_noinput / max_nomatch and plays 'max tries reached, thank you for calling' as I ve set it to do.

But it should not play 'Please Retry' when it reaches the max count and should simply exit right away- Correct Me?

Assist me a way to get around this issue please.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Green

Re: CVP Studio - CED Return

You MUST return something in "Caller Input" - if you leave it blank it will re-execute your application - try it.

Click on the substitution button and select your Get Digits Element. Insert the keyword "value" and push the tag down. Hit OK. Now the VXML server will pass back the value obtained from the caller.

In the second case, if you don't specify an audio element in the No Match audio group, the default behaviour is to repeat the menu.

To get around this, add a Nomatch Group 1 with two audio elements - 1 = please retry and 2 = the menu wav file.

Add a second No Match Audio Group with a single audio element that is (say) 0.25 seconds of silence (you can find a couple of silence WAV files on the sys directory of the Cisco media files).

Experiment with this. You have a lot of flexibility.

Regards,

Geoff

Green

You asked about digits and menus - I spoke of menus, but the idea is the same.

If I add the "Number Capture" element - "Digits" - to my CVP 4.0(2) Studio, it creates only 1 Audio Group.

That's "Digits Initial".

You must have already added "Digits Capture - Digits No match" and "Digits Capture - Digits No input".

No matter.

If you don't have a No Input group, the default behaviour is to repeat the Digits prompt. If you add a No Input group without an audio item, it will not validate.

> If yes, why with two audio items under it? Will they both get played?

If you add an audio item, it will play that item on the no input, and NOT repeat the Digits prompt. So add a second item that is the Digits prompt. Both will be played in sequence.

>if I add two No Match Audio Groups as Digits No Match 1 n 2, which one will get played? Will 1 will get played first and on second No Match the 2 will be played?

Exactly.

If you don't add a second "No input" group it will default to playing the digits prompt again, so intercept this behaviour and put a silence.wav file there.

Regards,

Geoff

3 REPLIES
Green

You MUST return something in "Caller Input" - if you leave it blank it will re-execute your application - try it.

Click on the substitution button and select your Get Digits Element. Insert the keyword "value" and push the tag down. Hit OK. Now the VXML server will pass back the value obtained from the caller.

In the second case, if you don't specify an audio element in the No Match audio group, the default behaviour is to repeat the menu.

To get around this, add a Nomatch Group 1 with two audio elements - 1 = please retry and 2 = the menu wav file.

Add a second No Match Audio Group with a single audio element that is (say) 0.25 seconds of silence (you can find a couple of silence WAV files on the sys directory of the Cisco media files).

Experiment with this. You have a lot of flexibility.

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks Geoff

I figured out first one as you explained.

Second - I coudnt understand, its a Voice Element - Digits, I am on the Audio tab of it and see three Audio Groups as Digits Initial-item1; No Match-item1 & NoInput-Item1; So as you said 'add a Nomatch Group 1 with two audio elements ' - you meant to add another NoMatch audio group? If yes, why with two audio items under it? Will they both get played?

Why the second audio item to be the menu wav file as the menu wav file is specified under the Digits Initial-audio item1 group anyways and it gets played after the NoMatch audio item 1 anyways? If we alos specify under NoMatch then it will get played twice?

And in the second line you said 'Add a second No Match Audio Group with a single audio element that is (say) 0.25 seconds of silence ' - Is this Nomatch Audio Group same as when you referred to add one in first line saying 'To get around this, add a Nomatch Group 1 with two audio elements '?

Also, I do not undersatnd if I add two No Match Audio Groups as Digits No Match 1 n 2, which one will get played? Will 1 will get played first and on second No Match the 2 will be played?

Green

You asked about digits and menus - I spoke of menus, but the idea is the same.

If I add the "Number Capture" element - "Digits" - to my CVP 4.0(2) Studio, it creates only 1 Audio Group.

That's "Digits Initial".

You must have already added "Digits Capture - Digits No match" and "Digits Capture - Digits No input".

No matter.

If you don't have a No Input group, the default behaviour is to repeat the Digits prompt. If you add a No Input group without an audio item, it will not validate.

> If yes, why with two audio items under it? Will they both get played?

If you add an audio item, it will play that item on the no input, and NOT repeat the Digits prompt. So add a second item that is the Digits prompt. Both will be played in sequence.

>if I add two No Match Audio Groups as Digits No Match 1 n 2, which one will get played? Will 1 will get played first and on second No Match the 2 will be played?

Exactly.

If you don't add a second "No input" group it will default to playing the digits prompt again, so intercept this behaviour and put a silence.wav file there.

Regards,

Geoff

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content