Views
Helpful
Replies

cvp studio

user-cisco
Level 1
Level 1

hi

in CVP 4.x, how do i order the cvp studio, is it included in CVP-4.0-SERVER-SW or it has a seperate part number needs to be ordered with?

thanks

5 Replies 5

samkk2
Level 1
Level 1

The software itself is on the same CVP Disc, however when you will install it, it would need activation (License).

So you will need to order as follows:

Part = CVP-40-Studio (about $5-$6K List)

Description = CVP Studio

AND

Part = UCSS-CVPSTU-1Y (about >$1000 list)

Description = UCSS for CVP Studio for One Year - Per Port (more accurately Per Box)

Also you need to supply a Box (Server) and Win2k3 Server License. Sales may recommend a MCS7825 Box, but I'd get a MCS7835 or its equivalent (as per BOM)or can be a VM instance but that experimentation is open to your time and imagination.

Sam

thank you Sam for ur response

is (CVP-40-Studio) a license for studio?

please could u clarify what is meant by 1 year in (UCSS-CVPSTU-1Y) ?

thanks

Sam writes: "Also you need to supply a Box (Server) and Win2k3 Server License."

Run Studio on XP SP2. You don't want a server - just a nice powerful quiet workstation with a big screen. You want to sit in front of it.

Regards,

Geoff

see what is written in cvp 4.0 srnd:

(A Studio license provides the environment to build a self-service application that executes on the

VoiceXML server. Studio licenses are required only for the developers who will be building the

self-service applications, and they are installed on the developers' PCs. While customers normally have

at least one studio license, a studio license is not required if you are not developing or maintaining your

own applications. In addition, a server license is not required for the machines on which a studio is

installed.)

i can understand from above that studio license (cvp40-studio=) is not required if i want to do just scritping ? please correct me if i'm wrong

If you only want to build applications using micro-apps, you don't need the Cisco VXML server and Studio technology from the Audium acquisition.

Most developers use a combination of VXML applications, developed on Studio and deployed to the VXML servers, and micro-apps, written in Script Editor and running through the CVP Call Server. Micro-apps are great for queuing and simple menus (1 for English, 2 for Spanish) and CVP VXML Studio applications are for the heavy lifting and back-end integrations. This technique is described in the SRND.

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: