Views
Helpful
Replies

cvp studio

user-cisco
Level 1
Level 1

hi

in CVP 4.x, how do i order the cvp studio, is it included in CVP-4.0-SERVER-SW or it has a seperate part number needs to be ordered with?

thanks

5 Replies 5

samkk2
Level 1
Level 1

The software itself is on the same CVP Disc, however when you will install it, it would need activation (License).

So you will need to order as follows:

Part = CVP-40-Studio (about $5-$6K List)

Description = CVP Studio

AND

Part = UCSS-CVPSTU-1Y (about >$1000 list)

Description = UCSS for CVP Studio for One Year - Per Port (more accurately Per Box)

Also you need to supply a Box (Server) and Win2k3 Server License. Sales may recommend a MCS7825 Box, but I'd get a MCS7835 or its equivalent (as per BOM)or can be a VM instance but that experimentation is open to your time and imagination.

Sam

thank you Sam for ur response

is (CVP-40-Studio) a license for studio?

please could u clarify what is meant by 1 year in (UCSS-CVPSTU-1Y) ?

thanks

Sam writes: "Also you need to supply a Box (Server) and Win2k3 Server License."

Run Studio on XP SP2. You don't want a server - just a nice powerful quiet workstation with a big screen. You want to sit in front of it.

Regards,

Geoff

see what is written in cvp 4.0 srnd:

(A Studio license provides the environment to build a self-service application that executes on the

VoiceXML server. Studio licenses are required only for the developers who will be building the

self-service applications, and they are installed on the developers' PCs. While customers normally have

at least one studio license, a studio license is not required if you are not developing or maintaining your

own applications. In addition, a server license is not required for the machines on which a studio is

installed.)

i can understand from above that studio license (cvp40-studio=) is not required if i want to do just scritping ? please correct me if i'm wrong

If you only want to build applications using micro-apps, you don't need the Cisco VXML server and Studio technology from the Audium acquisition.

Most developers use a combination of VXML applications, developed on Studio and deployed to the VXML servers, and micro-apps, written in Script Editor and running through the CVP Call Server. Micro-apps are great for queuing and simple menus (1 for English, 2 for Spanish) and CVP VXML Studio applications are for the heavy lifting and back-end integrations. This technique is described in the SRND.

Regards,

Geoff