Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP: survivability on a standalone scenario

c.bergamaschi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

according to CVP 3.1 SRND survivability is not supported on a standalone scenario.

Anyway, if CVP is down or unreachable,

I should be able to get in touch with a

predefined IP-Phone extension.

Is it something we can do on Voice Gateway configuration?

Survivability.tcl can be used as well?

Any help will be apreciated.

Christian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Christian,

first of all you have the option of deploying a Gatekeeper and if the CVP is down return the call to the gatekeeper to send it straight to a call manager extension.

If I recall it right in your scenario you don't have a GK, I think you could try to play with the dialpeers priority and have a second dialpeer available in the event the CVP is not, this has some issues that you need to carefully monitor, if your solution is taking more calls then you designed it for during peaks then this lower dialpeer will try to route calls that would otherwise be treated by the CVP side.

Third alternative is using a custom tcl script as you suggested, but it would not be easy to overcome the same limitation recommending not to deploy it in a standalone environment.

Regards,

Riccardo

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

walteryork
Level 1
Level 1

If I have misread your post, please disregard.

We are not running HA so if IPCC goes down, there is no standby box. To provide some sort of, "failover" we:

1. Setup a Hunt Pilot on CallManager.

2. Included all of our Support Center agents in the Hunt Group.

3. Configure the extensions associated with the CTI Route Points to forward to the Hunt Pilot on the following call forward settings. "forward no answer internal and external, no coverage internal and external and CTI Failure"

This way if IPCC ever goes down, the calls will forward to the hunt pilot and be answered by the agents. This is a form of survivability.

Did this answer your question properly?

Hi,

according to CVP 3.1 SRND survivability is not supported on a standalone scenario.

Anyway, if CVP is down or unreachable,

I should be able to get in touch with a

predefined IP-Phone extension.

Is it something we can do on Voice Gateway configuration?

Survivability.tcl can be used as well?

Any help will be apreciated.

Christian

Hi Christian,

first of all you have the option of deploying a Gatekeeper and if the CVP is down return the call to the gatekeeper to send it straight to a call manager extension.

If I recall it right in your scenario you don't have a GK, I think you could try to play with the dialpeers priority and have a second dialpeer available in the event the CVP is not, this has some issues that you need to carefully monitor, if your solution is taking more calls then you designed it for during peaks then this lower dialpeer will try to route calls that would otherwise be treated by the CVP side.

Third alternative is using a custom tcl script as you suggested, but it would not be easy to overcome the same limitation recommending not to deploy it in a standalone environment.

Regards,

Riccardo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: