Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CVP take voice mail like IP IVR and combo SIP2SIP VXML GW

Hello,

I am trying to understand if with CVP we can make a script that takes a voice message from a caller and sends it as an e-mail attachment just like we can do this with IP IVR without the need of a voice mail system.

The other thing I am trying to find out is whether I can have a single combo gateway servicing the CVP system that acts both as a CUBE connecting to a SIP ITSP and as a VXML to CVP.

Both scenarios are with UCCE+CVP. I need this for an RFP...

Regards,

Stoyan

Everyone's tags (4)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Green

I am trying to understand if with CVP we can make a script that takes a voice message from a caller and sends it as an e-mail attachment just like we can do this with IP IVR without the need of a voice mail system.

Nothing standard. But perhaps the pieces are there. You can certainly make a recording with a CVP VXML app and gateway and it will be on the CVP box in a known directory; and you could create a custom Java class to make an email and set the attachment. I think I would say "yes" - with development costs.

The other thing I am trying to find out is whether I can have a single combo gateway servicing the CVP system that acts both as a CUBE connecting to a SIP ITSP and as a VXML to CVP.

This can be done, I think, but I would say "no" to this. And it's probably discouraged.

The cost in a CUBE deployment is dominated by the cost of the CUBE licence. Get a second router to be used as  a VXML-only gateway. Depending on the number of concurrent VXML sessions, add the appropriate number of FL-VXML licences. No DSPs (unless there is some transcoding going on) keep the cost of this gateway low. This would be a small cost addition and a huge increase in peace of mind.

Regards,

Geoff

Hello,

Cisco says that no tcls other than the seviceability can work on CUBE (not even with CME) but i couldn't find anything related to CVP VXML (i had the same case but to be in the safe side i bought a separate VXML gateways), so in the case of CUBE you can only use the servicablity.tcl in case of failure of the WAN.

As for the email, i am not sure if the email function in the VXML studio can do the JOB, i didn't play with the record much but i know for certainity that the email function in the VXML can contain attachment , you only to config a JNDI config under the context.xml from the tomcat service and you should be able to send a email , however , i am not sure if you can use the record function as element and send it from the script. But as Geoff said , with a Java class nothing is impossible.

Amer

5 REPLIES
Green

Nothing standard. But perhaps the pieces are there. You can certainly make a recording with a CVP VXML app and gateway and it will be on the CVP box in a known directory; and you could create a custom Java class to make an email and set the attachment. I think I would say "yes" - with development costs.

This can be done, I think, but I would say "no" to this. And it's probably discouraged.

The cost in a CUBE deployment is dominated by the cost of the CUBE licence. Get a second router to be used as  a VXML-only gateway. Depending on the number of concurrent VXML sessions, add the appropriate number of FL-VXML licences. No DSPs (unless there is some transcoding going on) keep the cost of this gateway low. This would be a small cost addition and a huge increase in peace of mind.

Regards,

Geoff

Hello,

Cisco says that no tcls other than the seviceability can work on CUBE (not even with CME) but i couldn't find anything related to CVP VXML (i had the same case but to be in the safe side i bought a separate VXML gateways), so in the case of CUBE you can only use the servicablity.tcl in case of failure of the WAN.

As for the email, i am not sure if the email function in the VXML studio can do the JOB, i didn't play with the record much but i know for certainity that the email function in the VXML can contain attachment , you only to config a JNDI config under the context.xml from the tomcat service and you should be able to send a email , however , i am not sure if you can use the record function as element and send it from the script. But as Geoff said , with a Java class nothing is impossible.

Amer

Green

Cisco says that no tcls other than the seviceability can work on CUBE (not even with CME)

OK, thanks for the clarification. Even if it were allowed, I'd split them.

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks guys for the quick and helpfull answers!

So I won't add Unity Cxn and will have to ask the ITSP to bring a SIP-to-ISDN box OR make the customer reconsider UCCE (for 30 users?!) and settle with UCCX, but that's another story...

Hello,

Also be aware that in case you are going with UCCE and CUBE, the SIP outbound is not supported with CUBE, you have either to change to SCCP dialer or buy a E1 Cards, if you are goin with VM's , your only option is the E1's since SCCP dialer is not supported over VM's.

Amer

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content