cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP transfer methadology

haroon.rasheed
Level 1
Level 1

I have cvp 7 with ICM 7, The current requirement is that the agent can transfer the call back to IVR without changing the call id because on the bassis of call id the agent can verify that the caller is the one that was sent to the IVR before.

I have a route pattern associated with my existing CVP Sip Trunk that route pattern is exactly my Script selector dialled number so in this manner call comes back to ivr fine but since the call is transfered to cvp, it facilitates as a new call and due to it the call ID is changed.

I am aware of warm transfer but i need to know the minimum configuration through which i can retain my call id means the call should not be taken as a new call.

Any help would be appreciated.

3 Replies 3

Muhammad Raza
Level 3
Level 3

AOA Haroon,

What about IVR is it completly on ICM or CVP VXML?

Regards,
Muhammad Amir Raza

Thanks for the reply,

At ICM end its a simple script that transfers the call to External VXML and rest of the IVR is handled by a Third party VXML server.

First you need to enable post routing at agent side then configure a new callback script (if not configured already) and use Dialled Number Plan (DNP) in ICM configuration manager under bulk configurations. For detail you can read UCCE 7.5 SRND page 51 to 56.

"When using Unified CVP to do network transfers, an agent blind-transfers the caller to a new destination and the Network Transfer Preferred option is used. In this scenario, the agent should use the CTI Agent Desktop (and not the phone itself) to invoke the transfers. In addition to the CTI Agent Desktop, the Unified ICM Dialed Number Plan should be used. If configured with the same DN as the CTI Route Point, the Unified ICM Dialed Number Plan causes Unified ICM to intercept the transfer and run the Unified ICM routing script without sending the transfer commands to Unified CM through JTAPI."

Hope it will help.

Regards,

Muhammad Amir Raza

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: