cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP Transfer

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

I understand there is no IP-to-IP transfers supported with CVP because of DTMF issues. However, what about a call that came in an h.323 gateway to an IP Phone. Can that phone transfer that call into a CVP script? And if so, how do I route that to the CVP script? Do I route it directly to CVP? I don't believe so, I would have to route it to the Gatekeeper, correct?

19 Replies 19

michael_oldham
Level 1
Level 1

If you are doing a warm transfer you need to follow the directions in the config guide on P 2-64. In essence you transfer to a route point that calls a script which you then translate route to the CVP. After the trans route you can then run your CVP script.

You need to configure a gateway in call manager that points ( Ip address) to a type 2 CVP machine and has MTP enabled.

Since most folk do not know if they are doing a warm or blind transfer it is better to use this technique for all.

But then I need a completely seperate Voice Browser for these warm transfers which for me is not an option right now. Customer has agreed that they do not need to do any warm transfers. 99% of calls go straight into CVM from the PSTN. Only a few calls come to a receptionist and she has to transfer them to a certain group.

That being said, to transfer that calls I shouldn't need to go through that whole process, correct? The voice stream will still be from the h323 gateway to CVP so I shouldn't have any dtmf issues. To set this up though I have tried the following:

1. Transfer the call directly to CVP - Failed

2. Transfer the call to a number that matches a Route Pattern and this Route Pattern points to the Gatekeeper - Failed

How can just get these transfers from an IP Phone for a call that arrived to this IP Phone on an H.323 gateway to a CVP script.

Any thoughts on this if I know I don't have to do warm transfers?

If a call comes into an IP Phone via an h.323 gateway, and they want to just transfer that call to CVP. I would just create a Route Point that points to the gatekeeper, correct? At that point, when the call is sent to CVP then the audio stream is between the original h.323 gateway and cvp and there should be no dtmf issues.

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

I have inbound calls working properly to CVP coming in on this gateway:

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^\(.*\)/ /3\1/

!

voice translation-rule 2

rule 1 /987654/ //

!

!

voice translation-profile PREFIX-3

translate called 1

!

voice translation-profile block

translate called 2

!

voice class codec 1

codec preference 1 g711ulaw

!

!

!

voice class h323 1

h225 timeout setup 5

!

dial-peer voice 9 pots

incoming called-number .

direct-inward-dial

port 0/0/0:23

!

dial-peer voice 200 voip

description CVP TEST DIAL-PEER

translation-profile incoming block

application vru-leg

incoming called-number 81T

dtmf-relay rtp-nte h245-signal h245-alphanumeric

codec g711ulaw

fax protocol t38 ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback none

icpif 25

no vad

!

dial-peer voice 300 voip

destination-pattern 0464

progress_ind setup enable 1

voice-class h323 1

session target ras

tech-prefix 2#

fax protocol t38 ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback none

icpif 25

no vad

!

dial-peer voice 400 voip

translation-profile outgoing PREFIX-3

preference 1

destination-pattern 0464

voice-class codec 1

session target ipv4:

tech-prefix 2#

no vad

!

dial-peer voice 987654 voip

However, if I send calls to this gateway from CallManager (with a dialed number of 0464) I see the request sent to the gatekeeper, the gatekeeper, the gatekeeper has a zone prefix of 0464 which points back to this gateway, and the gateway should send it to VB. Gatekeeper config looks like this:

gatekeeper

zone local CVP cisco.com 10.21.100.6

zone prefix CVP 0464* gw-priority 10

zone prefix CVP 306* gw-priority

zone prefix CVP 8* gw-priority 10 CM_CVPGK1_2 9 CM_CVPGK1_1

zone prefix CVP 9* gw-priority 10 CM_CVPGK1_2 9 CM_CVPGK1_1

gw-type-prefix 1#* default-technology

no shutdown

What am I missing here.

I have also noticed, that whenever I call from an IP Phone to this gateway I see this message on the Router console:

Oct 17 16:06:02.344: ICT ver in h323_gw_dialpeer.c 1

janbyron
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, that IP phone can transfer the caller to a CVP script. You define the CVP combo box IP address as an H323 gateway device in CM, then define the DNIS that the IP phone user will use to transfer to CVP as a Route Pattern which contains the CVP gateway that you just created. If you want to get fancy, you can define a route group that contains multiple CVP gateway devices for load balancing or failover.

The IP phone user would simply do a blind transfer to the DNIS mentioned above. The IP phone user would then drop out of the loop, however, it should be noted that CM still retains two signaling call legs even after the agent is out of the loop: one *from* the originating gateway and one *to* CVP.

If this is done, can you still set the "media server" to be the originating gateway so the media doesn't not have to stream over the WAN and the call can be queued at the originating gateway?

Thanks much.

I updated TAC case 602265349 with my reply.

You can hair pin your calls when some one wants to transfer the calls directly to a queue.

Only draw back is you end up using your trunks

Yeah. Ended up getting an ES that has a bug fix for this. Basically, we can transfer directly to CVP now from an IP Phone, however, it will randomly queue the call to an available gateway (gatekeeper tells CVP which gateway to use). The drawback is the potential for the call to be serviced for vxml by a remote gateway but a cool trick none the less:

To configure CVP and CCM for IP originated calls, please do following:

1. CVP H323 GW (or GK Trunk whatever used in CCM to route to CVP), check MTP required button and make sure MRGL on H323 device has MTP resources.

2. CVP VB admin needs SetExcludeIP IP1, IP2, IP3, .. where IP1,2,3 are the CallManager IPs.

3. In GK, configure E164 DN routing to VXML GW for temp connect DN.

andy dignan

berbee

Cna you tell me more about the ES for the CVP

We are having with with oen cluster where agents are going to Reserve and Ready and they are nto able to get any calls and also

Our AA is using CVP and when you punch in an extension number in the AA, the call drops.

Any one have faced this problem

There are two issues here

1.)The call is not getting to the ip phone because its missing a route in gatekeeper or there is something wrong with a CSS for the Trunk or ISN GW.

2.) AA problem. Check if your dial peer has dtmf relay. What is the IOS version on the Gateway?

Andy,

If you enable MTP required on the h323 Trunk. CVP will always use MTP's for all incoming calls which will deplete call manager MTP resources.

If the gatekeeper is doing a lookup for the tempconnect DN, try making it work without MTP required. Please let me know if it works?