Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CVP using DSP Resouce for G.711 calls

Hello,

I'm setting up CVP 3.1 for Q and Transfer for customer Helpdesk.

Internal calls (IP Phone > Route Pattern > CVP Server) are using up hardware dsps which is fine.

External calls (Phone > Voice/VXML GW > GK > CVP) are not using DSP resource when in q messaging is being played from GW which is good.

What I'm trying to figure out is why DSP resource is being used when the call is delivered to phone?

When I change my GK config to direct the call directly to destination phone no dsp resource is used.

voice class codec 1

codec preference 1 g711ulaw

codec preference 3 g729r8

!

!

dial-peer voice 1111 voip

description **** Return leg from CVP1 to VXML ****

translation-profile incoming block

service vru-leg

max-conn 75

voice-class codec 1

incoming called-number 1111T

dtmf-relay rtp-nte h245-signal h245-alphanumeric

!

dial-peer voice 70000 voip

description **** To CVP via Gatekeeper ****

translation-profile incoming block

destination-pattern 70...

progress_ind setup enable 1

voice-class codec 1

session target ras

dtmf-relay rtp-nte h245-signal h245-alphanumeric

fax protocol t38 ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback none

icpif 25

no vad

!

Many thanks,

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: CVP using DSP Resouce for G.711 calls

Michael,

It sounds like you are using an MTP resource where you should not be. Check your CVP gateway device in CCM. You do not want MTP checked on that device, otherwise every transfered call out of CVP will use an MTP.

Instead what you want to do is create a new, separate GK-controlled trunk. Enable MTP on that trunk. Create a route pattern in CCM that points IP phone-originated calls destined for CVP to that GK-controlled trunk. That way *only* the IP-phone originated calls will need to use an MTP and normal call transfers from CVP to CCM will not. One hint: on the route pattern screen in CCM make sure you prepend a 2# on the called number otherwise the call will never arrive at CVP. You don't need to put a zone prefix in the GK if you prepend the 2# since the GK will automatically find CVP since it registers by default with a 2# tech prefix.

-janet

8 REPLIES

Michael,

It sounds like your target CCM phone must be in a g729 region. After the transfer is established, can you do a show call active voice on the ingress GW and see what codec the current call is in? Is it G729? One other question: what are you monitoring to know that a DSP resource had been allocated?

-janet

Janet,

From the gateway I'm using g711ulaw. On the dsp router I see the dsp resource being setup on this call. On the phone I see it's using g711ulaw. My regions are R_CentrolOffice (IP Phone), R_CVP_Gateway (VXML/Voice GW) and G.711 is used between the 2 regions.

VXML_Gateway#show call active voice | i CoderTypeRate

CoderTypeRate=g711ulaw

CoderTypeRate=g711ulaw

DSP_Router#show dspfarm dsp active

SLOT DSP VERSION STATUS CHNL USE TYPE RSC_ID BRIDGE_ID PKTS_TXED PKTS_RXED

0 1 4.4.20 UP 1 USED xcode 1 467 41201 41200

0 1 4.4.20 UP 1 USED xcode 1 468 41201 41201

Total number of DSPFARM DSP channel(s) 1

Regards, Michael

Michael,

It sounds like you are using an MTP resource where you should not be. Check your CVP gateway device in CCM. You do not want MTP checked on that device, otherwise every transfered call out of CVP will use an MTP.

Instead what you want to do is create a new, separate GK-controlled trunk. Enable MTP on that trunk. Create a route pattern in CCM that points IP phone-originated calls destined for CVP to that GK-controlled trunk. That way *only* the IP-phone originated calls will need to use an MTP and normal call transfers from CVP to CCM will not. One hint: on the route pattern screen in CCM make sure you prepend a 2# on the called number otherwise the call will never arrive at CVP. You don't need to put a zone prefix in the GK if you prepend the 2# since the GK will automatically find CVP since it registers by default with a 2# tech prefix.

-janet

Thanks Janet, it works a treat.

Michael

Hi Janet,

I have a question related to MTP required on the CVP gateways.

I have configured my site as above. I have a GK controlled trunk for IP side calls which has MTP required checked.

I have my two CVP servers set as gateways in CM. However when I uncheck MTP required on the CVP gateways users that call into CVP externally do not hear MOH when put on hold or when being transfered. When I check MTP required the callers do hear MOH.

I use multicast MOH.

Have you seen this before or do you have any suggestions.

Thanks

Anthony

Hi Anthony,

Yes, this does sound familiar. We had a case similar to this about a year ago. The key was that the customer was using a combination of multicast MOH and Fast Start enabled in CCM. The workaround was to disable Fast Start on the CVP gateway devices in ccmadmin. Do you have the allow Fast Start on incoming calls checked for these CVP gateway devices?

-janet

Hi Janet,

No 'Enable Inbound FastStart' is not checked on either of my CVP gateways.

Anthony

Hello do you have any form to put to work XCODE with vxml gateway to hear the prompts from vxml gateway the customer side hear prompts in g729 between xvml gateway and customersconfigure to xcode?

Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies