cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP - Warm Transfers -SIP

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

Curious what others are doing as best practice for Agent Warm Tranfers with SIP. Are you:

1. Setting up seperate SIP Trunks to the Call Servers with MTP checked

2. Creating JTAPI triggers

Seems tha the SIP trunk way would be a lot easier. Just curious if there are any drawbacks or things I am overlooking.

26 Replies 26

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

So which way are you talking about? I use both no problem. So basically what I have noticed is if the call is initiated at CCM -> sip trunk -> proxy -> call server. This I use for all my Main Numbers. I made my dial-plan so that 4 digits come to ingress it prepends 2 digit CVP code in my case and prior posted configs (70xxxx). Well I also make a route pattern in CCM in a Site Specific Partition. This allows me to preference the right digits out the sip trunk with the magic 7th digit in the CCM Route Lists. With this in place I can always keep my CCM placed call on the correct side of the WAN like from PSTN with CVP. The same trick I use from my ingresses to control call routing. MTP needs to be checked on the SIP Trunks as you have mentioned. I highly suggest using MTP that is site specific and Hardware. Now I have sets of back doors. Basically its a CTI Route point to ICM and then it just queues directly to the skill group and plays music on hold. Everything seems to be in working order, and I have been told that the reporting looks differet for CTI Route points vs ones initited into the call server. I imagine thats only in the CVP Stats though for new calls processed with call handling through CVP. This is all I can see.

Anyways this works good for us, and also allowed things to become very organized for the purposes they serve in CCM ( I'm a CCM neat freak). However overall if it makes sense a single route pattern pointing to your sip trunk with MTP is the easiest and works just fine :)

BTW, how many CCM in this current cluster going up? Designing things to work like they should with a full 8CCM cluster took me lots of learning and tons of mistakes.

Chad

Chad

Chad,

Can you be a bit more specific on how the reporting looks different?

david

David,

Well if it comes in over the SIP Trunk it looks like a New Call since it uses the New Call service. However if it comes in over ICM PG, it should be able to do a correlation form the person who transfered it in back to CVP and it should not look like a new call. Thats why my main numbers are over the SIP turnk and warm transfer to skill group is over ICM PG. I was told this by one of our experts, however I don't have a CVP reporting server so I can't check :)

Chad

hi David :-) Have you successfully deployed CVP 7.0 with SIP Proxy?

Chad: Regarding MTP will having it enabled in the software not work? We're having issues with SIP proxy and CVP 7.0 now. SIP is sending the invite back to CVP but it seems CVP is not either acknowledging or can't understand it. I think we're missing something in the config either on the SIP proxy or CVP.

Software MTP just doesn't scale. Can you post your ingress gateway and vxml gateway config, screen shot of your CUPS Static Rout Page, and a screen shot of your SIP Service setup in Ops Manager?

sip screensot

I am working with Jocelyn. Attached are the gw config and the CUPS static routes. She will attach the Ops Mgr screen shot.

a little info:

2850 is our inbound number from the PSTN.

8888...'s are being used for warm transfer. There is a route pattern on CCM 888! to send this pattern via a separate sip trunk on ccm using port 5060 to the sip proxy. We see in the sip proxy trace files three separate invites sent to the CVP server but no response.

Thanks!!!

Adam

looking over stuff now. are you using mtp on your trunk to CM? No need to.

Can you also snag the CVP and Error logs from your Call Servers in the C:\Cisco\CVP\logs directory?

here they are

I originally had software MTP defined (500) but after the references in this thread I configured hardware MTP (40).

Thanks!!!

you don't need any MTP's IMHO for IP Originated.

hmmm....looks like the call is getting to CVP ok, but your GS microapp is failing because the TTS server is down.

I assume you see the call arrive at the ICM Script?

4351: 10.102.1.125: Sep 25 2008 16:39:54.977 -0500: %CVP_7_0_IVR-3-CALL_ERROR: CALLGUID=0E4DE2558A8111DD80E30021D80B4370 DNIS=7777777771161 Primary TTS Server has failed. Sending error to ICM. [id:3023]

4354: 10.102.1.125: Sep 25 2008 16:39:54.977 -0500: %CVP_7_0_IVR-3-CALL_ERROR: RunScript Error from 10.100.70.6 [MEDIA_RESOURCE_TTS(32)] CALLGUID: 0E4DE2558A8111DD80E30021D80B4370 DNIS=7777777771161 {VRUScriptName: 'GS,Server,V' ConfigParam: ''} [id:3023]

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: