cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP with Sigdigits and TNT

Chuck Smith
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone run into the issue with CVP 7.0.2 and Sigdigits when trying to use TNT or any transfer for that matter. When I send a label from ICM to transfer the call it always appends the tech prefix on the call even though the number is not the VRU label. Since my ingress gateway is not my pstn gateway all my outbound calls are routing to my VXML gateway. Anyone have a workaround for this? I found this bug that says this is a problem but has no workaround. CSCsx54305

7 Replies 7

joesnyde
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

According to the bug ID, TNT does not support Sigdigits.

Added the following to the CVP 7.0(2) Release Notes, Important Notes section:

Takeback-and-Transfer (TNT)

The Takeback-and-Transfer (TNT) feature is not supported with the SigDigit feature.

I can see that. I am asking if anyone knows a work around to it.

This was fixed in a CVP 7.0(2) Engineering Special. I think it was fixed in ES2, but we use ES7 and it works.

The bug is CSCsu48354, quoted as something to do with ringtone labels and SIP.sigdigits, so it's not clear that this also fixes the DTMF label - but it is fixed.

Get the ES and you'll be good to go. We were actually doing this with SIP trunks, but the fix is independent of that.

Regards,

Geoff

Hello,

I think Geoff meant CSCsv74353 "add sigdigits feature for ringtone" resolved in ES2 but I believe per CSCsx54305 we are not supporting TNT with sigdigits as of 7.0(2).

The defect he mentioned above was on CUBE IOS whose workaround required we use record route in CUPS - don't think it's related to this, prob a paste error on the ID.

James

I hate to tell you but not supporting TNT when using Sigdigits is a very big problem. The SRND says that using Sigdigits is a preferred method of routing calls to VXML gateways that are not also the PSTN gateway. Allot of people do this now. Especially in a large centralized call center. These call centers also utilize TNT which is a common feature that has been around for a long time. Why would you remove support for this?

I did however find an ES that does allow TNT to work with Sigdigits.

Geoff,

I believe you are referencing CSCsv74353, which in fact was fixed in ES2.

Chris

I am so sorry for making an error like this - yes, CSCsv74353 is the one.

This thread made me check my document on interoperability with CVP and AT&T IPTF and I had it wrong there too.

James was correct - we also had the problem with CUPS and SIP trunks wherein one has to enable Add Record Route header (normally with CVP, one turns that off).

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: