Views
Helpful
Replies

Database access in UCCX 8.0

ManuelPimenta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I have just recently started working with UCCX 8.0 and haven't had much experience with previous versions.

What I'm trying to do is to programatically trigger an outbound call in an agent that uses CAD.

With UCCX 7.0 I was able to do this because one could have access to its database, and so I created a stored procedure that triggered an outbound call in an agent by submitting a contact for a campaign (I replicated the SQL actions that were triggered by uploading contacts to a campaign using the Administration web page).

However I've been told that UCCX 8.0's database is in Informix and is read-only, which could mean that I am no longer able to do this.

My question is: how can I programatically trigger an outbound call for an agent in UCCX 8.0?

- since CUCM's database is also in Informix but one can "mess around" with it with AXL, is that not also possible for UCCX 8.0?

- is there an Informix client that I can use to access the database and make the required changes?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Manuel

4 Replies 4

ruimartins1000
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Have you come up with a solution? I'm facing the same issue.

Whatr was your conclusions?

Thanks in advance,

Rui

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Being an appliance model, editing UCCX DB is unsupported in most of the cases. For outbound calls, aren't you interested in using the outbound functionality provided by UCCX ? UCCX 8.5 also has IVR based outbound.

About procedure for accessing the UCCX DB, check out https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-15133

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

GP.

Hi,

My final goal is to make an automatic procedure for the customer to upload contacts for its Outbound campaigns.

I can create automatically a txt file based on customer CRM databases, but then how to automatically use it to insert these data on the UCCX Outbound database?

Thx

Rui

Rui,

I've come across lot of such requests from Cisco partners & customers but as far as I know, automation of entire process is not possible as of yet. The call list needs to be manually imported to outbound campaigns by Admin, this can not be automated.

Would love to hear some great ideas on this topic from great folks here.

Pls rate the post if it helps.

GP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: