Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DATABASE CONSULT FROM CUCX EXPRESS

Hello,

We have a customer with the following scenery:

- Customer has several offices around the country (office A, office B, ....). Each office has a DID number.

- All calls are queued through a Cisco Unified Contact Center Express, that sends calls to a hunt group in either office.

Now, they want to public an unique DID number. The system has to check in a database the prefix of the calling number and decide the office nearest to the calling person.

This database can be about a million lines, so we need a fast method to do the consults.

So we have some questions related:

- Do you think is it better to make the database consult before the Contact Center script or in the Contact Center script?

- Which are the limitations of the database consults in the CUCX? Is it possible to do something like that?

- Is it better to make the consult in a script capturing the information in the gateway or the CUCM?

- Do you think that there is a better solution or different idea?

Thank you very much!

3 REPLIES

Re: DATABASE CONSULT FROM CUCX EXPRESS

Hi Alicia,

First of all, what is your UCCX version?

If you have a premium license it is easier to use the database queries.

In your script you can get the calling number with the get call contact info step and then obtain the prefix with a string method. After that you use the database steps to build your query with the prefix and retrieve the information you need from your database (I guess that would be the hunt group extension) and send the call to that group.

If you don't have a premium license, then you would need to write and XML document with all the possible prefixes and hunt groups numbers, and take a look at it from the script.

Gabriel.

Hi Gabriel,

I have Premium licenses. But I'm worried about the big size of the database, because in each call the system will need to check the calling number with thousands of database entries. Do you know if there is any limitation, timeouts, ... that can provoke a disfunction?

Hi Alicia,

I think if you build your query like "select from where = <$callingPrefix>;", there is no need to retrieve the whole thousands of entries of one DB table, which is different from doing "select * from ;" there you are retrieving all the information within that DB table. So I think you don't need to worry about (someone else correct me if I'm wrong with that). Remember to use the release step everytime you finish getting the table data (this to close a SQL query and release the allocated resources used there).

Gabriel

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content