Views
Helpful
Replies

Database Updating after upgrading

bilalghayad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All;

As I am upgrading from IPCCE 5.0 to IPCCE 7.2, after doing the backup/restore and data migration, I will stay doing testing for a week, during that time, the old version will stay running so there will be a new data added, how can I update it to the upgraded version (IPCCE 7.2) which already migrated to the new format?

How this will be done for the CCM, IPIVR and ICM DB's? What tool to be used?

Any help?

Regards

Bilal

5 Replies 5

Please contact andy at Berbee he has done it for few clients and its pretty simple how he does that. I can explain and confuse you.

Who is andy at Berbe? How can I reach him?

Regards

Bilal

ake
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, the easiest way is just to empty the logger and HDS databases on your 7.2 version and rerun the db migration tool.

Webview db is a bit trickier if you are changing users to a new domain. We had so few users (less than 10), so we created new users with configure ICM and the changed the user id's in the database directly. The easier way to catch the new id's is to save one report for each user and get the id's from there.

Hi Bilal,

what you need to pay attention to is data integrity.

There are risks that the configuration get outdated or that there are overlapping entries with the new data.

What Aarne is suggesting makes perfect sense, a new data migration would ensure you have the right set of elements within your DBs.

Please remember to make a backup as a failback before running the EDMT tool.

Regards,

Riccardo

Thanks all a lot.

EDMT to be ran after emptying the database new system? And to be from the live database to the new system database?

Regards

Bilal