Helpful
Replies

DB purge jobs

justine.joubran
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a live UCCE 8.0 system.

Some tables like the TerminationCallDetail table are being deleted every 1 month. Is this a normal behaviour? If I expand the size of the HDS, will the purge happen less often?

Does somebody has a reference or few details for this matter?

Thanks,

Justine.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Justine,

I don't know the size of ur contact center, but i belive that 3 GB is not enough for ur HDS DB.

In  fact once, the % of the available free space gets more than 80%, ICM  starts to purge DATA from HDS. The issue is that it doesn't clear older  records ! !  it deletes records based on the alphabetic order of tables' names. (a little wierd I find )
I think you need to expand the HDS Database size. This can be done using the ICMDBA tool from the HDS server.

This link may help you. It shows how to expand the HDS DB size using ICMDBA :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1001/products_tech_note09186a0080094927.shtml

I hope this helps.

Best Regards.

Wajih.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

haouaswajih
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Justine,

Can you please check and tell us what is the size of the HDS ? (u can check this using ICMDBA from the HDS/AW server)

From the "-Distributor replications" process on the HDS/AW server what is the % of the available free space used in the hds_database ?

Regards.

Hello,

The size of the HDS is (data 3GB and log 300MB). Today the % of the available free space is 79.50% (2 days ago it was around 86%).

Thanks,

Justine.

Hi Justine,

I don't know the size of ur contact center, but i belive that 3 GB is not enough for ur HDS DB.

In  fact once, the % of the available free space gets more than 80%, ICM  starts to purge DATA from HDS. The issue is that it doesn't clear older  records ! !  it deletes records based on the alphabetic order of tables' names. (a little wierd I find )
I think you need to expand the HDS Database size. This can be done using the ICMDBA tool from the HDS server.

This link may help you. It shows how to expand the HDS DB size using ICMDBA :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1001/products_tech_note09186a0080094927.shtml

I hope this helps.

Best Regards.

Wajih.