Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

DB Read SQL error when using stored procedures

I have a couple scripts that I've been using stored procedures in and working fine. I have a few new stored procedures that I'm having trouble with now. These SPs are to enter data into the DB. I still use the DB Read bean since the DB Write will not work with stored procedures.

If I run them with information populated they run just fine and I get my resulting integer to let me know whether or not the SQL server accepted the data. When I try to use CRS variables the CRS Editor balks with the attached error.

Here is an example of something that works:

DECLARE @return_status int

EXEC @return_status = uspIVRSetCreditCardExpira @Account_Number = 254545,

@Expire_Date = '8/31/2010'

SELECT 'Return_Status' = @return_status

And the same thing with just an added string variable ($CreditCardExpInsert):

DECLARE @return_status int

EXEC @return_status = uspIVRSetCreditCardExpira @Account_Number = 254545,

@Expire_Date = $CreditCardExpInsert

SELECT 'Return_Status' = @return_status

I don't know a lot about SQL so I'm not really sure what I'm missing here. Any thought on why I get this error?

Thanks,

Mike

4 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: DB Read SQL error when using stored procedures

It looks like a bug CSCma25958.

Hi;

The above written scripts to be done in the CRS? Where exactly? Using which node?

When to use ODBC and when to call the stored procedure directly without the ODBC? Any advise?

Regards

Bilal

Try getting rid of the carriage return after your $CreditCardExpInsert; worked like a champ for me.

I was having the same problem but I found another post by "wbreitzke - WLF Consulting"

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Contact%20Center&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1ddfa461/0#selected_message

So if it works for you give the credit where it is do.

Hi;

The above written scripts to be done in the CRS? Where exactly? Using which node?

When to use ODBC and when to call the stored procedure directly without the ODBC? Any advise?

Regards

Bilal

Views
Helpful
Replies