Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

DBLookup with UCCE 7.5 & SQL 2005

Does anyone know if the DBLookup to a SQL2005 database is now supported on UCCE 7.5? This wasn't previously supported in earlier UCCE versions although there was a workaround, albeit unsupported. I can find zero documentation on this compatability in the 7.5 docs online.

Everyone's tags (4)
5 REPLIES

Re: DBLookup with UCCE 7.5 & SQL 2005

Hi

I have a DB Lookup on ICM 7.2.7 and SQL Server 2000. I think I can get back to you after 3 or 4 day. I have a plan to work with Icm 7.5 and SQL 2005. Try to build one. and let us know what is the issue...

Bronze

We do plan to test this in our next dev lab cycle. However, we still will need something official from Cisco relative to this compatability in order to provide it to our customer.

Bronze

BTW, here is the doc from Cisco regarding the compatability with SQL 2005. It specifically notes that this was only tested on ICM 8.0 and higher. Now I wonder if they would have been referring to the original 8.0 which ended up as 7.5. If that's the case, no worries but would still like to see something confirming this fact.

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1001/products_tech_note09186a00808cf91a.shtml

Considering how rudimentary the ICM db lookup is I would be very surprised if it doesn't work with SQL 2k5.  However, I don't have any first hand experience and you're right can't find any documentation which states it explicitly.

david

I don't know if it's technically supported, but I have a UCCE 7.5(6) system using dblookup on a database stored on the Router/Logger servers, which run SQL 2005. It works just fine and we haven't experienced any issues with it. Keep in mind though that in my case the dblookup process is co-located with the database, so your results may vary if you are connecting to a separate server.

Views
Helpful
Replies