Views
Helpful
Replies

Dead Air During Ring In

pcaltagirone22
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I have a few sites that are experiencing the same issue. If a call comes into the queue and the agents are immediately available the callers get dead air during the 1-4 rings before agents pick up. This has been causing callers to hang up thinking the call has been disconnected - this also unfortunately shows the calls as abandoned. Has anybody experienced this and if so were you able to resolve?

5 Replies 5

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

UCCX or UCCE?

If UCCE, IPIVR or CVP?

If CVP, SIP or H.323?

Regards,

Geoff

Hey Geoff,

It is UCCX v5.0(2), IVR. At some sites callers hear ring back, others get dead air while connecting. They all have similar scripts.....

Thanks

Hi,

If you are expecting all of them to hear a ring back i will say double check your scripts. Have you tried testing the exact script that you believe are working on the sites that hear dead Air (just for testing)?  This will give you some idea if it is script problem, application or  other non UCCX related issues.

HTH!

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Do you have different Telephony Call Control Groups for the different applications?

Whilst the call is ringing the caller is put on Network Hold -

check your CTI ports to see what network hold MoH setting they have

I typically use a ringback.wav file for network hold for CTI ports so the caller hears a phone ringing.

Thanks for the response.... I only have a single Call Control Group with 20 CTI ports. The CTI ports are currently set for ringback.wav on network hold. I am going to have to test multiple scripts this evening to isolate the issue. Since they all use the same CTI ports with the same settings I'm thinking there must be something in the script.......I'll post back

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: