Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Default CVP ECC variables?

I have a question regarding ECC variables that are required when installing CVP. I've been looking through the docs and it's been a long time since CVP was installed. I know there were several created such as user.microapp.media_server, etc. but we ran into an issue this past week. Basically a GS node stopped working, meaning 98% of the calls were aborting, not failing. Usually there are some that abort, TAC indicated that most likely these were callers just hangning up.

After tracing come calls we noticed on the PIM that we were getting the error:

NewCall from VRU referenced an unregistered ECC variable tag: 26

This referenced user.cvp_server_info, don't think this was ever created and no idea why it just started breaking now. It was created and everything went back to normal and obviously currently researching this. TAC also indicated there were several other that were not configured but I'm assuming they are specific to the environment as one of them was user.microapp.cvpmovies_par and I'm guessing this would only be used with a video optin.

My question: is there a list of ECC variables that need to be added in as a default or is it all based on unique configurations, h323, SIP, whether you will be doing certain transfers, etc. Looking at the SRND and Config guides (7.X) it seems to indicate in several sections specific ECCs that need to be configured if you are configuring a certain part of CVP.

Thoughts or can someone point me to a link/doc? I don't see this referenceed in any 7.X docs so far.

Thanks!

Everyone's tags (2)
2 REPLIES

To be honest I'm not so sure that you adding that ECC variable actually resolved the problem more than you restarting the whole thing. Those warnings have probably always been there. They'll show up any time the VRU attempts to use an ECC variable that's not defined on UCCE.

The section 'Common Unified ICME/ICMH Configuration: Define Unified CVP ECC Variables' of the CVP 8.5 Configuration Guide at least indicates when an ECC variable is Required.

Cheers,

Kris

Bronze

If I had to guess, TAC was giving you a list of ECC's specific to 8.x rather than your 7.x version. There is no mention in the CVP 7 Config and Admin guide (dated Feb 2010) of this cvp_server_info variable. First instance I see is in the 8.0 config guide. I tend to agree that it's likely that any restarts cleared up the issue, not the ECC addition.

Views
Helpful
Replies