cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Delay in IPCCX extn ring after being dialed-Urgent

ra_jeshkalra_2
Level 1
Level 1

I have IPCCX6.0 with CCM4.3, users using IP Phones with CAD.

In my setup on the IP Phone the DID line is a 4-digit extn, say 2536(office IPTEL Setup), the IPCCX extn is second line on phone say..536.

I am facing the following problems:-

1)When I dial 536 from phone with primary line 2535 & IPCCx line 535,,, I notice a huge delay before the call starts ringing on 536.

2)when I try to add the supervisor extn say 535 from 536 in the conference , when 536 is already in call with customer,

again there is huge delay(strangely now I am using CAD).

3)Calling 535 to 536 from IP Phone ..same problem... huge delay

Strangely, if I dial from CAD from extn 535 to 536, the call rings immediately.

It seems to me the IP Phone is using for timeout , but no problem is for 4 digit extention dialing(which is the DID lines as per office IPTEL Setup).

The Office Phones(DID lines) and IPCCX extn use the same Partition and CSS.

I even tried to create a different CSS and Partition for the ipccx etn, but no improvement in delay.

Not sure this is a CSS/Partition problem,,, or interdigit timeout.

thanks

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This sounds like a definite interdigit timout issue, make sure there is no overlaps in your DNs. I would suggest looking through dial plan report on CM for anything begining with 5, such 5XXX, or maybe even XXXX. If you find something overlaping you need to figure out what is its purpose and either make it more specific or re-organize your paritions/CSS.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Cderen,

Forgot to mention 5XXX(4-digit) is another site route patterns, which is dialled across through WAN(inter-ste calling).

So it seems to me whan dialing 5XX(3-digit).

1.How can I make it more specific,,,since 5XX will not be in route pattern, hence I can't add a hash at the end like 5XX# to get rid of interdigit timeout.

2.I tried by creating separate CSS/partion for IPCCX 5XXX but no improvement.I think this is because, the first line(DID) DN and the phone/device belong to the same CSS/partition...but only the second line is an ipccx DN for which the same device, I cwas treing in diff CSS?partition.Any better suggestions.

How can I work on the interdigit,, since 5XX is part of internal dial plan(IPCCX), so I believe route patterns won't be checked.

Pls suggest for noth the cases.

thanks

Why do you have 54XX defined as route patterns? Are you sending the calls out to PSTNs, SIP trunk, etc?

Do you need to the entire 5400-5499 range, if you only need lets say 5400-5429 make the route pattern 54[0-2]X, and perhaps that will avoid your overlaps.

Re-organizing CSS/PT will not help here as it would restrict you from calling the 54XX range completely if you needed to eliminate the timout.

Honestly, I would suggest changing the 3 digit extensions to 4 digits and ensure no dial-plan overlap, otherwise you will always be running into the issues you just did.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

sorry, 54XX is aDN to reach other site across WAN.

I changing IPCCX extn, to 4-digit will fix the issue.

How about if first DID is say 2536 and the IPCCX extn is 253 instead of 536. Since 2XX is not there in the route plan at this moment.This should fix the issue isn't it?

Changing it to non-overlapping DN will indeed fix your delay issue, thats the idea :-)

Chris

Is it possble to get rid of interdidit timeout by including #, at the end.

i.e. 5xx#. I know this is possible at in route patterns.But this are used for external calling to PSTN!

Can same concept(using # at the end) be used for internal calling for IPCCX extn to get rid of interdigit timeout?

Thanks

You can do that, but you would either have to inculde the # at the end of all defined DNs, or you would need to route the calls via a translation pattern that strips it, i.e. 23X# with Discard Digits "Trailing - #"

HTH,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: