Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Delayed HDS Data Replication in IPCC Enterprise 6.0

Hi all,

I have a Rogger A (Router/Logger) with AWS/HDS running in the IPCC Enterprise 6.0 environment. The AWS/HDS is pointing to Rogger A for Historical Data Replication.

Recently I noticed a problem, the historical data replication between 2 servers is always delayed by few hours. The historical data for the day gets replicated to the HDS only after the contact center operating hour.

When the SQL database backup schedule starts at ard 5pm, the rpl process gets reset and all the historical data for the day will be replicated to the HDS at the same time.

Anyone has encountered the similar issue? Appreaciate any advice or comment.

Thanks & Regards,

Eric

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Delayed HDS Data Replication in IPCC Enterprise 6.0

Eric,

Check out the following tech note below. It provides a check list for diagnosing issues with lag time between the Logger & the HDS.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1001/products_tech_note09186a00800945b1.shtml

Hi,

Thanks for the information. I did open a TAC case on this issue but we still could not locate the root cause.. Do you think that, the growing HDS (about 20 GB) could be the cause? Appreciate any comment.

Thanks..

There are many HDS Dbs greater than 20Gb in size so I doubt that this is the issue. The ICM replication is a 'best effort' mechanism but it shouldn't be taking that long to move records down.

How does your Logger look? Processor Utilization, RAM usage, Dsik Queue, what sizes are the data and log devices for the master and SideA databases, do you have the right amount of RAM allocated to SQL?

Your issue hints of a problem on that end rather than the HDS but I would triple check everything even down to the ethernet speed/duplex and the physical setup of the servers. If you are using win2k as an OS, is hyperthreading disabled?

/Jeff

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content