Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Deleting unused users from Historical reporting

I have a customer running UCCX 7.X. They have a high staff turnover and users that left, is deleted in UDP and End User, so they don't even appera on UCCX anymore, but when running Historical reports even just for the last week, users that left months ago still appear there still. How can I get rid of this?

7 Replies 7

tim.moomaw
Level 1
Level 1

I believe I queried TAC about this exact same issue awhile back and believe their response was that it was by design and that you could not remove past users.

Goran Selthofer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Louis,

First, it  would be good to check on some more things for sure...

I suppose this is done but ensure date range for report is not corresponding to the dates when those agents were present?

If that is ok then maybe there is an issue with DB replication ...Question: this is HA or standalone?

How to check replication (needed since Historical Reports are done from Secondary server always - designed to offload Primary server):

Goto Appadmin\datastore control center

Click on each of the Historical, Repository, Agent and configuration data stores.

Check if there are anything shown in RED and indicating errors. I fyou see any RED then it will point to DB replication issues.

If that is fine, you should see "except" Configuration with a "P" by the first server and replication status as STOPPED and the second server with the replication status as RUNNING.

How to remove agents (follow in that order):

*** 1 ***

Remove all inactive agents from UCCX by going to appadmin\rmcm\resources. Ensure they are removed from CUCM as well. Look for a link on the top right for "inactive agents"

Click this link - this should show all agents that were deleted in Call Manager - select all of them and delete them from UCCX.

*** 2 ***

Go to Desktop Administrator and perform directory synchronization (should be successful)

*** 3 ***

It is always a good idea to perform clean reboot of Call Manager and UCCX...just in case...

*** 4 ***

If all above is done and still you have the issue then it might be that those agent names are stuck in the database.

You can try this (but be careful what are you doing with DB):

Connect to the Primary UCCX server and open SQL Enterprise Manager.

Select the db_cra database

Click tables

In the right window browse to the table “resources”

Right click on that table and select 'open table – all rows'

Check there if those deleted agents are in this table – if they are right click the name and delete the agent.

Replication should kick in afterwards and to its job by auto-deleting those agents in the secondary DB.

Test now with running historical reports again for latest date and see if you still have them...

hope that helps,

Goran

Cisco TAC

Hi Goran,

Could you please help me more with the below point,

*** 4 ***

If all above is done and still you have the issue then it might be that those agent names are stuck in the database.

You can try this (but be careful what are you doing with DB):

Connect to the Primary UCCX server and open SQL Enterprise Manager.

Select the db_cra database

Click tables

In the right window browse to the table “resources”

Right click on that table and select 'open table – all rows'

Check there if those deleted agents are in this table – if they are right click the name and delete the agent.

----------------------------------------------

Where could i find open SQL Enterprise Manager Tab on UCCX Server.

I'm using UCCX 10.x

Regards,

Waseem Akram

Waseem, UCCX 8 and above is Linux based compared to version 7 that Goran is talking about which is windows based. In order to do step 4 that is going into the root of system, accessing db_cra and then deleting the record completely, you will need to contact TAC since they only have root access.

Regards

Deepak

Thanks, Deepak.

Regards,

Waseem Akram

No issues Waseem. Simply contact TAC and they will help

Regards

Deepak

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

After you deleted them as an End user, did you go back to the resources page in AppAdmin, hit the inactive users button at the

top of the page, and delete them all there?  I'm thinking once you delete them here that they go away in HR as well, but I'm not sure.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: