cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Demo License for 10.5?

Sean McQuade
Level 5
Level 5

I've upgraded from 8.6 to 10.5 and was hoping to use a demo license while waiting for the 10.5 NFR to become available. There is a file on the disc called 100_pre_demo.lic, but when trying to use this, it gives a lot of errors about invalid MAC addresses. Is there a demo license available for 10.5?

3 Replies 3

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

can you give us an example of such an error?

As far as I know, one cannot just "downgrade" a UCCX instance with a non-demo license to a temporary demo license. It works the other way, though.

G.

Hi Gergely,

I was running 8.6 on a marketplace NFR license - this a is a lab demo system. I upgraded to 10.5 and I see that the 10.5 NFR license pack isn't available for a few weeks, so was trying to use the demo license included on the disc, but says "Invalid Mac Address: FFFFFFFFFFFF" for each of the licensed features:

"Error : The Cisco Unified CCX Premium Software feature (1st line) of ccx100_pre_demo.lic has invalid MAC address [FFFFFFFFFFFF]."

I have reached out to licensing to see if they can give me a temporary license.

I'm with Gergely on this one: you can't downgrade a perm-licensed product to a demo license. I understand you are using an NFR license but the product doesn't know that distinction; it appears as a perm license.

The only idea I can think of is to try deleting the perm license through the CLI, and then seeing if the demo license will stick. I would snapshot the VM first though; there's a decent chance this will blow something up.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: