Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Deploying a CCX on non Cisco Server

Hi all,

I just purchased a 2811 Cisco Call manger Express without purchasing a unity messaging wich give me the Auto attendence feature.

instaed of that they send me a Cisco Unified Contact Center Express (Server SW and Two Seats of Unified CCX Enhanced) bundle.

Actually i want to install this bundle on HP DL380 G4.

could any give me his recommendation about deploying CCX 5.0(2) on that box.

regards,

Khaled

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Deploying a CCX on non Cisco Server

Just to add to the previous great comments, in order to receive the IPT OS you need to be entitled to it, which means you have to either purchase CRS (UCCX, IP-IVR, Queue Manager) or purchase CM license with UCCX bundle as this software is not downloadable.

HTH,

Chris

7 REPLIES

It should install no problems. Just install windows 2003 IP Telephony Operating system then CCX and on your way you go. That is actually a supported platform.

HTH, please rate useful posts.

Chad

Thank you for your replay.

if you please could explain to me what is the Windows 2003 IP Telephony Operating System & is it differ from Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition for example?

Yes, it is a Cisco branded version of Windows Server 2003. You cannot run UCCX on regular old Win2k3.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Just to add to the previous great comments, in order to receive the IPT OS you need to be entitled to it, which means you have to either purchase CRS (UCCX, IP-IVR, Queue Manager) or purchase CM license with UCCX bundle as this software is not downloadable.

HTH,

Chris

Many Thanks for all of you.

There is a work around use the same registry trick. search on internet how to hack the registry for CCM 4.x installation on a virtual machine. Just erase the SR and patch entries and replace it with 2003 OS name. It will work.

Thanks for your support.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content