Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Deployment of CUSP with CVP/UCCE/CUBE/CUCM

Hello friends,

This will be a very long post.

I am implementing a Lab environment with a PSTN Gateway connected to E1 with Service Provider, CUSP, CVP/UCCE and so on.

I have a number that comes from my PSTN as 5110, I have a dial-peer that forwards that number to CUSP.

CUSP receives the digits and I have a Route Table that forwards it to CVP. CVP is integrated with ICM, so we have a "hello world" script running. When a call comes from the number 5110, it sends me a VRU as 7777777777XXX.

On my CVP, I have CUSP configured as a SIP Proxy (of course), the Gateway where the bootstrap, cvp_error and ringtone TCLs are properly loaded, the CUCM (I don't know if this is required, but I will get there.) is also configured on CVP.

The call flow is supposed to work like this:
E1 >> PSTN-GW >> SIP >> CUSP >> CVP/ICM >> CUSP >> CUBE >> CUCM >> Agent (if it is in ready state, if not, call goes to the queue).

When I use the flow like that, I receive an error message "I am sorry, we are currently experiencing system problems and are unable to process your call. Please try again later."

When I change the scenario to:
E1 >> PSTN-GW >> SIP >> CUSP >> CVP/ICM >> PSTN-GW >> CUBE >> CUCM >> Agent (if it is ready state, call is picked up. Otherwise, it goes to the queue.

It works magically. But this is a LAB environment.

The reason I have to make it work like this is that we have a customer with an ICM that controls all the routing decisions inside one network, but we still have agents in another network. So this call needs to reach CVP/ICM and when it sees it belongs to another network, I have to send it back to CUSP as SIP REFER and it will be forwarded back to the customer's own PSTN (already running in SIP). The scenario I have in the customer is a little different than what I have here. What I am really dealing with is this: SIP PSTN (VoIP PSTN entirely, no TDM) >> CUSP >> ICM/IPIVR >> CUBE >> CUCM >> Agent), but that IPIVR will be replaced with CVP. Inside that VoIP PSTN, we have another network outside of all Cisco world (that will cease to exist, but in the meantime, I have to make it work like that).

I hope I explained this as thorough as I could, but if you have any questions about what I just posted, please post your questions.

I thank you in advance for any input.

Best regards

3 REPLIES

I was able to find out what

I was able to find out what the problem was. It was the triggers on CUSP. After analyzing each one, I was able to realize I was doing something wrong. Even though I didn't get any answers from this, I appreciate whomever took the time to read this post.

Thanks

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Glad you got it to work,

Glad you got it to work, however what is the purpose for the CUBE in your call flow:

E1 >> PSTN-GW >> SIP >> CUSP >> CVP/ICM >> CUSP >> CUBE >> CUCM >> Agent

Did you mean VXML GW instead of CUBE? To deliver calls to agents it does not need to go through CUBE, ICM PG will direct the call to agent desktop and redirect the call to CVP-->CUSP-->CUCM, so CUSP should have direct route key to CUCM. Not sure if it is even supported to route it via CUBE in its path.

Chris

Hi Cris, thanks for posting.I

Hi Cris, thanks for posting.

I could send this directly to CUCM, or a GW device. But according to the CVP student training guide, I could see a call flow that fits exactly what I described.

What I showed you guys was what I was trying to do on my Lab, but the thing is, we are deploying a rather large environment. We have 3 cucm clusters, and each cluster has its own set of CUBEs (in HA), and also a CUSP. I got the project already ongoing so I don't know why it was planned like that.

If you want to contact me, we can talk about it.

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content