Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Design question

I am looking at building a contact centre for an IT user support business.

The customer wants to be able to report on how many calls a certain customer has made, average call duration and all other details on an individual customer basis.

I have thought about giving each customer a PIN number then get them to enter that when they call the script. Then log this along with other details into a separate database and run my own reports on that

Has anyone else done anything similar? As I see that running queries against my database for the customer number and against the Cisco database for call times, durations etc might get messy

Thanks

1 REPLY

Re: Design question

Yes, We have done this. We use acc# and update a record via IP-IVR in our CRM database each time a customer calls in, and then when we release the customer they are sent back to the IP-IVR to update the "customer experience" fields (Q-time, delivered agent, # of xfers, etc.) We have had greate success with this, however there is one cotcha. Upon database connect failure events, you must release the caller back into a Q and deliver the call normally to an agent. IP-IVR has gotten a lot better about keeping its DB Connections clean but there are some instances when they can lock up and a engine restart is in order.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content