Views
Helpful
Replies

Device Target vs. Agent Targeting Rules

saship
Level 1
Level 1

Hello folks, 

As you are aware Cisco officially stated that Device Targets are depreciated as of UCCE 9.0 and have recommended the use of Agent Targeting Rules as opposed to the legacy Device Target method. 

I was wondering if there is any situation where we are still required to use Device Targets as opposed to Agent Targeting rules ? 

I am about to test Mobile agent with Agent Targeting Rule in my Lab, but other than that I have seen pretty much everything else function as normal when using Agent Targeting Rules. 

I will post my results on the Mobile agent with Agent Targeting Rules by this weekend, I am guessing there shouldnt be any issues. 

In the meanwhile, let me know in your experience you have found any interesting scenarios where Device Targets are the only way to go. I also need to test Outbound Dialer and Target rules for those, if I end up configuring these in lab and testing it fast enough I will post the results, but feel free to pitch in your experience/ recommendations and so forth. 

Thanks in Advance. 

Sash

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, targeting rules have been available for a while and save you  a tone of time. No need for dedicated device targets with labels. Mobile agent supports targeting rules.

Chris

View solution in original post

ATRs are the best!  I think they came in on 7.5x, I've not seen a device target in years and good riddance to them!

david

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, targeting rules have been available for a while and save you  a tone of time. No need for dedicated device targets with labels. Mobile agent supports targeting rules.

Chris

Thanks for the feedback, thats what I thought and Yes you are correct, now that I think about it I have used Targeting rules in 8.5. Didn't realize it was out as far back as 7.5. 

Once again thank you for your feedback. 

ATRs are the best!  I think they came in on 7.5x, I've not seen a device target in years and good riddance to them!

david

ashOsborne
Level 1
Level 1

Hey All!

Does anyone have a robust how to guide on implementing ATRs. I have read the high level doc found here: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/icm_enterprise/icm_enterprise_12_0_1/Configuration/Guide/ucce_b_configuration-guide-for-unified-cce1201/ucce_b_configuration-guide-for-unified-cce1201_chapter_0111.html#U...

But I'm curious if anyone has a guide that outlines how to transition from DTs to ATRs...

Hey Bill! Thanks for the link!

There is no guide AFAIK. 

But the idea is not to have overlapping patterns in the DB for DT Vs ATR.

As a test try with a pool of DT, create a summary pattern in ATR, delete the matching DT. Test it, if it works, rinse and repeat.

For example,

DT - 1111111111, 1111111112, 1111111113

ATR - 11111111111.

HTH

Senthil

Got it, thanks Senthil!