Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Dialer Detail table; are we allowed to delete records from it?

Hi,

In 7.5 there is now a table called t_Dialer_Detail where all  the dialer results get recorded.

The table has a trigger to prevent "us" from deleting, I temporalally disabled the trigger so I can delete but Im not too sure if to proceed. The documentation only states to retrieve recrods based on the dbdatetime.

I've put together  an on Update trigger but it doesn't seem to be working.

Questions:

1. Are we allowed to delete records from it?

2. Are we allow to apply triggers to this table so I can copy the records into another table?

3. Is anybody using a trigger to do this?

4. any other ideas?

thanks

• Contact Center
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dialer Detail table; are we allowed to delete records from i

No, you aren't allowed to delete from this table. Why in the world would you want to anyways? This is now a standard historical table so you can set the automatic purge schedule via ICM registry. By messing with the table manually you are risking system corruption.

No, you definitely can't use triggers. It won't work even if you try; ICM uses a bulk update to write to these tables which does not activate any triggers.

To retrieve data from this table, do as the documentation states, use the dbdatetime field to track which record you pulled last, and periodically pull new records from the table.

2 REPLIES

No, you aren't allowed to delete from this table. Why in the world would you want to anyways? This is now a standard historical table so you can set the automatic purge schedule via ICM registry. By messing with the table manually you are risking system corruption.

No, you definitely can't use triggers. It won't work even if you try; ICM uses a bulk update to write to these tables which does not activate any triggers.

To retrieve data from this table, do as the documentation states, use the dbdatetime field to track which record you pulled last, and periodically pull new records from the table.

Thanks Ed, that's what I needed to hear.

Views
Helpful
Replies