Views
Helpful
Replies

Different behaviour of UCCX on internal and external calls

AbteenZ
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

Today the Helpdesk team realized when people call from outside the call will be routed a tech available in the queue but he doesn't answer it won't get passed to the next technician. but the behaviour is correct for internal calls and the call will be passed to the next tech.

I believe it is in the script or the router as the routes passes the call to the uccx and I don't know what happens next.

Where should I begin to look for troubleshooting?

Thanks,

12 Replies 12

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I would start by reviewing the script to see if there is some weird logic to queue calls based on where the call arrives from, as normally you script the same logic for all conditions.  I would also review the CSS/Partitions of the CTI Ports and ingress GW, you want to ensure the partition used by the CTI Ports and Agent phones is listed in the ingress GW CSS.

What happens to the call when the first agent does not answer it? Do you get fast busy, something else?

It might be useful to look at the MIVR logs from CCX as well.

I added those partitions to the GW CSS but no luck.

When the Agent doesn't answer it goes to the step that plays MOH and waits for the next available tech but never hunts the tech. but from internal extentions it always works. Difenitly there is something wrong with the script that I didn't write.

Where can I get the MIVR logs?

Thanks

Does the agent state changes to "Reserved" by any chance on the agent desktop/finesse?

You would use RTMT tool to pull the logs, here is doc with directions:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_9_0/configuration/guide/UCCX_BK_UBD097FB_00_uccx-rtmt-admin-guide/UCCX_BK_UBD097FB_00_uccx-rtmt-admin-guide_chapter_01001.html

Yes it changes to reserved.

Wish I could upload the script.

Then it definitely appears to be a CSS/partition issue. Can you provide screen shots of the CSS applied to the ingress GW calls arrive to, along with the CSS of the phones. and then let us know what partition is assigned to CTI ports and CTI route points and the agent ACD lines?

These are the screenshots.

I also added the Line1-PT to the gateways CSS, no luck.

is Line1-PT partition assigned to the phone ACD DN? I dont see screen shot for that.

If so, is that partition listed in the CSS used by the CTI ports? Also, dont see what CSS is used by the CTI ports.

yes line1-PT is the partition for the ACD DNs.

What partitions are in the 6-National-CSS?

Here you go Sir

seanvaid
Level 3
Level 3

An active debug really helps in identifying issues within the script. 

Run the debug and test an internal and external call seperately, then compare the two. 

If they're the same I'd continue with Chris's recommendations. 

other thing I've noticed is that for other Queus when the outside callers dial an extension, sometimes it gets routed and sometimes not.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: