Views
Helpful
Replies

Different TimeZone Based ICM Script

arifsultanal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I know the Time Propertise of ICM Script. Based of the local time I can route the script.

I need to know, how I can create a script based on different time zone.

For Example ...I dialer 786...after that it will check the India Standard Time (9AM to 3 PM) if yes then it will go Script A. If not then If will check the time of Italy ( 2PM to 6 PM) and then it will go Script B .... like this way

I think It could be done by usinf custom variable function. but I dont know how

Please assist me

Thank

13 Replies 13

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

well, it's easy: what I would do is to create a script X and route all calls to there and do the decisions using IF nodes.

For instance:

IF (time(now()) > time(09,00,00) && time(now()) < time(15,00,00))

- true: go to script A

- false: go to script B

Or, you can chain IF nodes if you want, to have more levels.

G.

Hi...

Thanks ...Nice to know that..I never worked with that type time checking. One question, how the time (Now) function will check that its Indian time 9 AM to 15 PM ?

Thanks

A

No, you got it wrong.  The now function is only for your local time zone, so you will have to calculate the time in other parts of the world in relation to the local time.  For example, if you're looking for Italy 5 PM - 6 PM, that might mean 9 AM - 10 AM your time and that's the time you use in your script.

david

Hi,

yes, exactly, as David said earlier, ICM checks local time (the time set on the ICM server) and you'll have to do some calculations in your ICM scripts to compare local time as if it was in a different timezone.

G.

I have a customer with branch office contact centers using CVP all over the world, in both hemispheres. There are admin scripts that calculate whether the contact centers in each country are open or not - and different lines of business at each contact center site have different opening hours.

I set up the central controller timezone in a TZ that has no daylight saving and have admin scripts that activate at certain times of the year when daylight -saving starts and stops, obviously different for the US and Europe. The CC are located in GMT-3:00.

As you can imagine, the scripts for countries far to the east (like Japan, Australia) are quite complicated because you end up with a contact center opening at 7pm Sunday night CC time. But you can use your Day of Week and Time of Day nodes to control the global variable.

The routing scripts are simple with respect to opening hours, because they simply check a global variable to see if that contact center is open or not.

This would be my recommendation. Define global variables that correspond to india_open, italy_open and so on and set up your admin scripts to control these accurately. If you CC is already in a TZ that flips on DST you have to think carefully on how it all works at different days of the year. But it certainly can be done.

I would never have these time checks in the routing script.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff

Thanks for information and nice to know there is a way to do that. But I think it will be a complecated task for me, since my central controller side is in Day Light Saving timezone.

What I understnad that I need  to disable daylight saving from my central controller sife , a Admin acript for Enable Daylight Saving time. 

A global variable declaration to check contact center opening parameter checking. Could you please assist me what will be the aprameter for this Variable?

Also a brief description on Asmin Script would be better.

Thanks

Arif

Why would it be a complicated task?  You know when DST will happen in the future, just create an if statement to check if it's DST or not.

david

Agreed. But it is slightly easier if you are not on a Central Controller that is changing times based on the change of DST. Believe me, David.

Regards,

Geoff

Create a user variable user_india_open - user variable, type long, non-persistent that has values 1 (open) and 0 (closed). Construct an Admin Script scheduled to run every minute. Use the Day of Week and Time of Day nodes to control this. At the top of the routing script, have an if node => IF (user_india_open=0) leading to the closed message, or heading over to check Italy - whatever suits.

With my CC in a non-changing timezone (I chose UTC-3:00 Cayenne, Fortaleza which has no DST) I have DST controlling scripts: DST_on that start at a certain date and finishes on a certain date, and DST_off that does something similar but the dates are inverted - sort of.

The Admin scripts check for DST_on and if so, the hours in the Time of Day node are different by 1 hour.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff

what Condition I need to check the time uder the global variable at admin Script?

Is it like Object Type= Global, Variable=User_India_open

and Values = Region Time.

Please assist me...

I think there is a tricky part in Admin script. I am understading how admin script will get India time .

What timezone is your Central Controller in?

The Admin script has no clue about India time. You simply convert the opening/closing times in India to times in the TZ of the Central Controller and set up the Time of Day nodes to suit.

Regards,

Geoff

Seems like this configuration is complecated to me.

I am going to check the initial time schedule check via Unity. Thats easy ....

Thanks and nice to know the procedure...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: