Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct database access?

I am attempting to construct a pipeline between our Oracle CRM system and the Outbound option tables (primarily Dialing_List, but also any others that could/should be used). My solution basically writes directly into the Dialing_List table and bypasses the query rules and import rules (though they must apparently exist).

Am I getting into unsupported (hacker) territory here? My first attempts seemed successful, but as we try to use it ongoing, the dialer is ignoring all the records I put into Dialing_List, and we have had to fall back on a text file.

I guess I'm asking if others have gone this route, or if I'd be better off going a different route? It was really cool at first to have our database integrated, but it's cooler if it actually *works*... :-)

Thanks,

Chris

6 REPLIES
Green

Re: Direct database access?

I appreciate what you are trying to do, but definitely would not do it that way without a deeper knowledge of how Campaign Manager and the Import process work, and how Campaign Manager pushes records to the Dialer memory, and maintains the status and call results in the table.

Campaign Manager sees the Dialing_List table (in IPCC 7.0 you will have more than one of these tables, by the way) and updates it according to messages from the Dialer. If the Dialer stops, the ones that are marked "Pending" are rescued back into the table. There is a lot happening in the Dialing_List, and you run a serious risk of breaking something.

My suggestion is try to find a way to use the import process on text files. I've done this in a number of ways on various projects and I'd be interested in knowing why you can't use that approach in your deployment.

Regards,

Geoff

1) How I can delete already imported rows from the dialing lists? For example If I accidentally import a wrong list and notice later when some hundred targets are dialed that.. oops.. I should remove those which are not yet contacted and reload corrected rows.

2) If I want to keep some lists as a "reserve", I mean I want to import them to system today but start to dial when needed, maybe next week. Should I keep those rows on text files or set up always a new query rule?

3) If I want to move already imported rows to another cisco campaign, how I can do it? If I remove query rule, it deletes whole dialing_list_xxxx_xxxx -table? So we should move agents and skill-groups, not rows?

4) Is it possible to prioritize rows inside query rule and campaign? I have a batch A of 5000 customers and import them to query rule XXXXX. Then I receive another batch B of customers, import them to same query rule.. and 15 minutes later receive instructions that "contact center should call batch B first". What to do now because no database access to Dialing List tables?

Not much comments? :)

Green

I know. ;-)

Regards,

Geoff

I wonder this, what's best practise:

Cisco recommends to use sql-triggers to transfer rows and status codes between dialer and external database. But every time admin creates a new campaign and/or query rule, system creates a new table dialing_list_xxxx_xxxx

Triggers worked fine with version 5. But how it's possible to handle this with version 7 and several dialing_list -tables? Should we manually create triggers to every dialing_list_xxxx_xxxx -table?

I am having issue with my import. Can you guys give me some pointers.

First time Outbound Dialer installer.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content