Views
Helpful
Replies

Disabling CTRL+A hotkey in Cisco Agent Desktop 8.x

Paul McGurn
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

We heavily use the embedded browser component of CAD.  It works fairly well, but, efficency-centric users are having issues with the standard CAD hotkeys taking over for what would be normal web browser behavior.

Our users are accidentally disconnecting calls with customers because they are trying to use CTRL+A to copy a block of text in the embedded browser.  We'd like to either:

1. Disable this hotkey without hiding the Answer/Hangup button, or
  2. Preferably, make it actually work like it would in every other context in Windows (selecting everything in current context)

Has anyone run into this one before?

4 Replies 4

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Even in CAD, by default CTRL+A behaves naturally to select all text but in your case it looks like the hotkey is incorrectly set to perform call drop/hang up action. I am unable to pinpoint exact location to rectify it at this moment but that's mostly the issue AFAIK.

Please rate helpful posts.

GP.

Gajanan Pande wrote:

Even in CAD, by default CTRL+A behaves naturally to select all text

I don't think so. This is from an older manual (CAD 7.2) so things could have changed.

Regards,

Geoff

Agreed, it's always been Cntrl-A in CAD.  I can't find a way to disable it in CAD, however what about creating a new shortcut (like Windows-A) for your CAD users?

david

Things definitely haven't changed, and it's still an issue.  The only way to prevent the behavior is by using the Cisco Desktop Administrator app to remove the button from the workgroup.  This prevents the behavior, but still doesn't allow for CTRL+A in the embedded browser.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: