Views
Helpful
Replies

Disaster recovery/Backup Unified Contact Center Enterprise/Hosted 7.5

fjroblesp
Level 1
Level 1

Dear experts,

Searching for UCCE/H 7.5 backup procedure, I was only able to find in the 7.5 Bill of Materials that no backup products are qualified by Cisco.

Would you please share your experience/advices in backing up and restoring the Logger/Router/AW/PG servers?

Thanks all in advance.

Javi

6 Replies 6

hiteshpa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Javier,

As you have found, there are no backup products availabe for UCCE 7.5. What I have seen customers do is keep an image for UCCE on a spare hard drive. This way, if you need to resotre UCCE, you can simply use the backup hard drive.

Hope this helps.

Thansk,

Hitesh

Every year at Networkers (aka Cisco Live), there is a presentation on UCCE maintenance and DR planning. These slides are very good and will point you in the right direction to constructing an all-encompassing plan for your Cisco contact center. Appropriate backup technology can be used.

Obviously, the fault tolerance of the system helps you - so the right focus is required.

The most important database backup is the pair (assuming a pair) of AW/HDS machines. The idea is to back these up every Saturday night. If an HDS fails (worst case) the following Friday afternoon, you must rebuild the machine, restore from the previous backup and connect to the correct Logger within the next 7 days. The 14 day retention time on the Logger is the window you need to get inside. Then no data is lost.

Back up LoggerA and LoggerB on alternative weekends. You can restore and synchronize config, and rcp will synchronize historical.

See if you can borrow the slides from someone. Cisco are very weak in this area - there should be published documents.

Regards,

Geoff

Hello Javier,

You can take the backup of the following things for a Disaster Recovery.

Domain Backup

Backup databases (Logger,aw/HDS) using ICMDBA or SQL backup

Backup registry of all servers that can be very helpful for the Logger/Router/AW/PG servers.

System state backup: This is a Microsoft Windows Server Utility for whole system state backup or the required files and folders. I think this is the best way for the whole system state backup.

you can run the wizard by typing command "ntbackup" in start menu>> Run.

Regards,

Muhammad Fahad Raza

paul jurkowski
Level 1
Level 1

This is the same information I received from TAC. We use the Avamar client on many of our other boxes, but it doesn't look like Cisco will support this on a UCCE system. We are currently backing up DB and registry when we make changes. If anyone knows of any other backup solutions that are supported or where to get the slides that Geoff was talking about, please let me know.

Thanks,

Paul

boynsunited
Level 1
Level 1

Experts, our team performed a DR fail-over test with our Pub/Sub and UCCX

We had to test if PUB went down would Sub take over " and yep she done the biz BUT the UCCX failed to register in Callmanager?

We did the same for SUB and PUB did its duty and again UCCX failed to register in Callmanager?

Can some one please help me here where do I make sure in UCCX and CM has redundancy been configured properly?

thanks in advance

Hello Ian,

I have not tested with version 8, but with version 7 has been verified 5 minutes ago in my lab. The idea should? be similar:

1) Make sure you have both publisher and subscriber selected on the following fields: (attached PDF)

- Selected AXL Service Providers

- Selected CTI Managers

- Selected CTI Managers

2) In CUCM, make sure the device pool for the UCCX CTI ports contains the CUCM group that contains both publisher and subscriber.

3) Also verify the CTIManager service is up and running on both the publisher and subscriber.

In my lab, they are registered to the subscriber. When the subsciber becomes unavailable, both the phones and UCCX CTI ports fail over to the publisher.

HTH

Good luck,

Javi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: