Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Distribute calls based on day of week

UCCX 8.5

Call Manager 8.5

Looking for idea's on achieving the following scenario:

I have 5 agents all under one queue - Help Desk.  I want to be able to have each agent logged in each day of the week however I want the order on which the call is presented to the agents different each day.  For example:  On Monday, I want Agent A, B, C to be presented the call first, then D, E if neither A,B,C are available.  Tuesday I would like it switched so that agent D and E are first available and so on. 

Currently each agent has one skill (HelpDesk) and each are set at an competency level of (5).  I do now want to accomplish the above scenario by changing the skill number manually on a daily basis.

My first thought is after the script has veified that more than zero agents are logged in that it then goes to the "Select Agent" label.  Next I would do a day of week and continue the call in the script (Select Resource) based on which day of the week it is.  I created a new skill for each day of the week (HelpDesk Monday, HelpDesk Tuesday...etc).  My thought was to then assign each agent a day of week skill and assign the competence level accordingly. 

I'm stuck where I can only assign one resource group to an agent.  How do I tie it together so that if it's Monday, the system only looks for the HelpDesk Monday skill for each agent?  Is this possible or am I way off track here?

Thanks!

7 REPLIES

You can try making a different queue for each day of the week and assign the associated skill to each agent in the order you want.

Or you can set it up so that instead of looking at the queue before assinging, it looks to see if the individual agents are available.  In your Select Resource step, you would change the routing target type to Resrouce instead of Contact Service Queue.

Super Bronze

Hi

You could (as Andrew suggested) make a queue per day of week, and assign skills as appropriate. That would screw up your reporting a fair bit, but you might be able to use the Commmon Skill CSQ report to make some sense of it.

Re: Resource Groups - you don't want to use these unless you have to.. skills and res groups are generally something to choose between, not mix up. A direct emulation of resource groups would be to have a single skill, and assign that skill to the agents and the CSQ. The added flexibility of skills means you can then add multiple skills to agents to bring them into multiple CSQs. I never use resource groups unless I have to (e.g. when deploying a CCX Standard edition).

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

These are two good options.

1. It sounds like the OP has gone down this path, but somewhow got stuck on the Resource Group setup.  To be clear, you would not be using resource groups to achieve this, only skils based routing.

2. This is a good option, but you would lose a specific functionality of the CSQ.  Allow me to clarify with an example.

Setup

Agent 1 is top of the list today and currently Not Ready and on a personal call.

Agent 2 is second and Ready, but has walked away from their desk.

Agent 3 is third and Ready and sitting at their desk.

CSQ Based Approach (Most Skilled)

Agent 2's phone would start ringing immediately

Agent 1 returns to the Ready state during the alerting on Agent 2's phone

Agent 2 goes into Not Ready due to Ring No Answer

Agent 1's phone would start to ring

Agent 1 answers - And this is good because they are preferred over Agent 2 or 3 today

Agent Based Approach (Linear)

Agent 2's phone would start ringing immediately

Agent 1 returns to the Ready state during the alerting on Agent 2's phone

Agent 2 goes into Not Ready due to Ring No Answer

Agent 3's phone would start to ring

Agent 3 answers - And this is not that great because Agent 1 is ready and preferred over Agent 2 or 3 today

With the Agent based approach, you could get complaints of "How come Agent 3 got the call when Agent 1 was ready?"

My vote would be for the CSQ/Skills solution.  You end up with a lot more CSQ/Skills than one would like, but it achieves the task in a "set it and forget it" manner.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.
Super Bronze

Hi Anthony

Comprehensive as always :-)

Sounds to me like another great opportunity to use the UCCX skills API that doesn't exist. If we could call a SOAP API from the UCCX script based on call of day to reconfigure the skill competencies of the agents as a call comes in...? View the full discussion

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Great feedback!  Thank you.  My first approach was to go the CSQ Based (most skilled) approach.  I have created a CSQ for each day of the week and weekend.  I snipped what I think my test script should look like.  My logic is this:  After the welcome, the scripts looks for "loggedinagents" by pulling from the CSQ_testQ.

It sees that agents are logged in and then after the SelectAgent, based on day of the week select a resource based on skill setting under the CSQ for that day.  I have not tested yet but wanted to see get your opinions on this logic.

Re: Distribute calls based on day of week

You could save yourself some script work by holding the CSQ name in a String variable, and using a single Select Resource Step.

Example:

DoW

Monday

Set CSQ = "HelpDesk_Monday"

Teusday

Set CSQ = "HelpDesk_Tuesday"

Select Resource From CSQ

And if you did the CSQ Setting prior to your No Logged In Agents check, you could use the CSQ name in your Get Reporting step as well.

EDIT: And in the interest of "trimming the fat" from a script, I offer this solution:

Start

Accept

Set csq_helpdesk = "HelpDesk + "_" + new String[] {"Su", "Mo", "Tu", "We", "Th", "Fr", "Sa"}[d[now].dow-1]

Select Resource (csq_helpdesk)

Connected

End

Queued

End

In one step it will set your CSQ name to something like "HelpDesk_Tu" or "HelpDesk_Th"

This takes the DoW step approach of 8 steps down to 1 step, a near 90% reduction!

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Re: Distribute calls based on day of week

Nice!  Yes, that is much more efficient.  Thanks everyone for your input. Very helpful. 

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content