Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Do you have an 8.0 script for recording a prompt?

I an hoping someone has a script that is 8.0 (linux) compatible for recording a prompt that you are willing to share?

I am migrating our 7.0 UCCX scripts over to 8.0 and I am re-writing some of the scripts.

What I'm looking for is a script that will allow my call center to dial into and record a "Known Issue" prompt (example:  There is currently a known issue impacting corporate email.  We are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it as soon as possible.  If you would like to speak with an analyst, please stay on the line.) 

Then I need a way to have them enable the "Known Issue" prompt inside the main script which will play this new recording.

We currently have this ability; however the main script has variables that point to a C:\... path for the prompt and for the external script, which (If you work with 8.0 or above, you know) will not work on a Linux box. 

I would appreciate any information or help on this. 

Thank you,

Debbie

Everyone's tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Do you have an 8.0 script for recording a prompt?

Debra,

Your script looks good and close to the functionality you need.

For option 2: Record option - I have added a few more steps. Added three variables user(user type), username(string) and password(string). Using the upload prompt step after authenticating the user, loaded the prompt to the base directory. Please change the username & password to your system's username and password. Please handle any exceptions or errors the way you want.

For option 3 & 4 - after you set the variable to CorpKnownIssueOn and you go to Corp-WriteFile, some changes need to be made.

basically a template file corpemergency.txt need to be created with the content attached. This template file will have one variable which will be the status variable set by the CorpKnownIssueOn. Finally you transform this template to a XML doc and save it as corpemergency.xml

This is the corpemergency file that is checked by the Check.aef file to see if emergency routing is enabled or not. I have updated that script as well. The text doc is for the template.

You may still need to update the scripts because I didn't test it end to end.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

22 REPLIES

I have some experience in migrating scripts from UCCX 7.0 to 8.5. Can you not change the variable settings to point to the new directory structure under Linux? The BaseLinePrompt.aef is a good starting point. It looks like that script should work with the linux version. It does not have the option to enable the prompt but you can make changes to fit your needs.

If you are looking for specific instructions, please share the script, may be I can suggest the changes to be made to work with 8.0.

Here is the one script that we have that records prompts... I didn't write it, so if it's brilliant -- I can't claim it and if it's lousy -- I don't own it. 

My main goal is to simplify the scripts, eliminate the unused portions of the scripts

I need to reduce the number of emergency greeting recordings to just one.

Customer Services does not use this application

Fraud does not use this application.

Support never uses the canned recordings that are prompts 1-4

Support does need to enable/disable the alternate routing

I'm going to change this from "Emergency" to "Known Issue"  (Emergency is over dramatic)

I have not even attempted to alter this script yet.  I'm still working on the script that runs when this is not enabled. 

Any assistance would be appreciated.  I do not expect you to re-write this script.  I almost think it would be better to start from scratch, then to reuse this script.

Thank you,

Debbie

The script seems to be written well. As you have planned, its better to start from scratch rather than modifying it, although you can reuse a lot of steps from this script.

First, as far as the directory structure is concerned, keep it simple. Upload the document to the base directory in the en_US folder and reference it just by the filename, assuming your default language is en_US. During upload document or upload prompt step, leave the language field default. If you choose to create a sub-folder to keep it clean, make sure you include the path in the filename. The reference needs to from the language folder's perspective.

I noticed that the pin Check part of the script may need to be updated. While the pin is being collected in AccessPin variable, I am not seeing it being checked against alloweduser from the file. May be I am missing something.

Your goals:

1) Need only one emergency/known-issue greeting recording - Several places this may need to be changed. Anyreference in this script to emergency greeting variable other than

SCCorporateEmergency1on must be eliminated.

Looks like under subflow storeemergencycheckdynamic.aef script, you have these variables that are set to "ON" when that emergencyrecording is recorded. You will need to update that script as well to just one variable, Also the XML document.

2)  Customer Services does not use this application

Fraud does not use this application

For this, delete the customer service and fraud branches under the main menu and delete the appropriate sections in the application

3) Support never uses the canned recordings that are prompts 1-4 - Not sure what you mean by this?

4) Support needs to enable/disable the emergency routing. This seems to be already in place using the XML document and the boolean variable isEmergency.

I can update the script but will need some time

Let me know if you have any more questions,

Thanks,

Kalyan,

Thank you for the offer, but I do not expect you to spend that kind of time on my script.  I think the more I work with this, the more I understand, so it will be better if I do this myself.  If you have a sample pin check script (or a written overview of the steps that should be created) I would appreciate it. 

The original script for the callcenter calls a subflow to a check the xml file if the Known Issue (or emergency) routing has been set to "true" if it has been, then it plays a prompt, if that variable is "false" then it skips the prompt  -- pretty simple.

Do you know of any reason this should remain a subflow?  I think I can pull it right into the script. The only reason to make subflows scripts, is if it's a module that can be used by other scripts.  Correct?

Thank you,

Debbie

Debra,

Good point. Its best if you build the script that way you can easily troubleshoot and fix it if needed.

The only reason it needs to be in subflow is you have two types of emergencies or known issues ( stores and corporate).

Instead of writing the same code again for the two use cases, you can use one subflow and pass two different parameters thus saving you from rewriting it.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Do you have an example of how to use the Create XML Document step?  I'm running into an error and from what I'm reading, I'm missing this step. 

I have one script that is to modify this XML file and another script that needs to read the file.  Here are screenshots of the scripts:

The script (Capture2.jpg) alway fails at the Call Subflow.   It is calling the first script (Capture.jpg).  It doesn't open the first script (Capture.jpg) when I use reactive script debuging.

Debra,

As you had pointed out, the CreateXMLDocument needs to be modified as follows:

declare two doc variables, source_doc and dest_doc

source_doc should be doc[SC-CorpKnownIssue.xml}

dest_doc is the output, then your script step should be,

dest_doc = CreateXMLDocument(source_doc)

If you choose to hard code the doc in the script, change the source doc type from File to doc. Make sure the SC-CorpKnownIssue.xml file is the document folder. I am thinking the filename is case sensitive.

HTH,

-Kalyan

Which script would get the two variables?

Well, I've been able to get a little further with this script.  However, I don't believe that the recording section will work and I know the write section will not work (due to the C:\... path. 

I just don't know how to re-write them.  I'm focusing on the Corp path, and will get the Stores path after the Corp path is working.

Here are the 2 scripts and the xml doc that I'm working with.  Can you help with the recording and write sections?

Thank you.

Debra,

First of, I am planning to use the document root directory to store the documents.That way you can avoid the path names.

For the recording script, please attach the XML files for me to see the XML schema

Also, I am assuming that the last entry of the file is userid =123698741 which indicates endof file, correct?

I am not really clear why a XMLTransformdoc step is being used. If you have only one known issue and not 5 as previously scripted, we may be able to simplify this. The XML files will help me understand that

Kalyan,

The XML file for the recording script is attached, should I include the word "template" in the name of that file?

I also am not sure why the Transform step was being used... but I left it in there, thinking I might need it.  I have removed all the references to multiple issues and this script is to record one issue, either for stores or corporate. 

I don't understand the question about the last entry and UserID.. can you elaborate?

Debra,

The template is a file that would have static information and variable information like below as example

Known_issue1 = %known_issue1_status%

Known_issue2 = %known_issue2_status%

Where known_issue1_status and known_issue2_status can be set to true or false.

Now, in the script you would arrive at the value for those variables and then use the KeyTransformDocument to populate the template and produce a result_doc using the script step

result_doc = KeyTransformDocument(template_doc). This step has the field mappings in its property where you map the script values to the variables. You can now write the document to the repository to be used by another script.

Since you have only one value, this step can be skipped.

About the AccessPIN variable on the script, it looks the script collects the pin from the caller, checks it against a list in an XML document and authenticates the caller. Looks like the script determines the end of the file when accessPIN = "123698741" is reached. However, there is no check to see if the caller entered PIN value matches any entry in the script. I want to make sure that is how the script is supposed to work.

Kalyan,

I've reduced the Get Access PIN to a

AccessPIN = Get Digit sString

if AccessPIN == "123698741"

True - Go to Choose Store or Corp

False - Go to Authentication Failed

The Write Document is being used, to have that document available for use by another script. 

There is a section that provides options to the caller, they can do the following:

1.  listen to the existing prompt

2.  Record a new prompt

3.  Enble the prompt  <--- important part that uses the Write Document, so that the primary script for our Support team can enable a "Known Issue" prompt that is inserted before the caller gets to the Support Queue.  This is to reduce the number of calls the team handles by giveing the callers into the Support Queue information that they are aware of and working on. Example Known Issue:  "We are currently experiencing an issue with email." 

This is followed by a second prompt, "We are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it as soon as possible.  If you would like to speak with an analyst, please stay on the line."

4.  Disable the prompt <-- important for the same reasons as 3, but when disabled, it skips playing the two prompts, "Known Issue" and "WorkingToResolve"

5.  Cancel

The parts I'm having difficulty writing are steps 2, 3 and 4. 

Thank you.

Debra,

Your script looks good and close to the functionality you need.

For option 2: Record option - I have added a few more steps. Added three variables user(user type), username(string) and password(string). Using the upload prompt step after authenticating the user, loaded the prompt to the base directory. Please change the username & password to your system's username and password. Please handle any exceptions or errors the way you want.

For option 3 & 4 - after you set the variable to CorpKnownIssueOn and you go to Corp-WriteFile, some changes need to be made.

basically a template file corpemergency.txt need to be created with the content attached. This template file will have one variable which will be the status variable set by the CorpKnownIssueOn. Finally you transform this template to a XML doc and save it as corpemergency.xml

This is the corpemergency file that is checked by the Check.aef file to see if emergency routing is enabled or not. I have updated that script as well. The text doc is for the template.

You may still need to update the scripts because I didn't test it end to end.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Kalyan,

Thank you for this.  I'll have to look up the Authenticate User section to understand how that works.  I'm not sure how the Get user ID works.  It confuses me, because I already performed an Access PIN step, which to me authenticates the user.

I'll read up a little and post if I have any questions.  I'll let you know if I get it working too.

Thank you again!

Kalyan,

This script is failing on the user = Get User (User ID: Username) step.

I don't understand which password it's looking for or how it would obtain it.

Can you elaborate on how this is to work?

Debra,

The recording part has two steps, one is recording the prompt over the phone for which you authenticate using the PIN. The second part is to upload the prompt recorded to the prompt repository. This is similar to someone uploading a prompt using the UCCX administration screen. For this, you would need the login credentials you would use on the appadmin page. . I have set the login as ipccadmin and password as web@dmin. I think those variables are set as parameters so you should be able to update it from the application administration page.

Hope this helps

Thanks,

Kalyan

Kalyan,

Is there the ability to use a application user as an administrator on the 8.0.2 UCCX?  I didn't see the ability to do that.  I have looked at the Administrator's but it seems that it only sees Active Directory User's.

Kalyan,

Woot!!  I used my account for testing (I've requested a new accountname from our AD team) and got the prompt upload workingYay!

However, I do not have the file placed at the root of the [en_US] folder.  I've played with trying to get this into a subfolder, but the script is not accepting any combinations that I've tried... can you tell me where I would put the folder name?

Thank you for all of your help!

Debra,

Due to some project deliverables, I was unable to respond sooner. Anyways, the script has a variable CorpPromptName which is just set to the filename. Did you try setting that to the full path as an (e.g)"/scriptprompts/corppromptname.wav" where "scriptprompts" is the folder name and the corppromptname.wav is the file name. Be sure to put this within " ".

Let me know how this works out.

Thanks,

Kalyan

Kalyan,

I appreciate your taking the time to provide the help you have already provided.  Thank you for your answer.  Since I had also posted the question to the community, I provided the answer in that thread as well. 

Now for my last problem, I'm going to review your suggestions on the updating of an XML file to enable and disable this prompt. Hopefully, I'll be able to work through it.  

I'll let you know.

Thank you,

Debbie

Kalyan,

Thank you for all of your help.  I was able to complete my scripts.

Views
Helpful
Replies