Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

New Member

Doing HTTP Workflow Action into ServiceNow in CCX 9.02

Hello everyone - Looking for some guidance here and maybe another set of eyes.  What we are trying to do is upon the answered workflow item, pass along the ANI of the caller and do a search in ServiceNow to pop a record if there is one based upon that ANI. 

I have a working Search string, however when I try to create it in CDA, when I add in the variable (ANI) from the call, it always adds in a "?" to the URL.  That causes it not to pull an existing reccord.  Any thoughts on how to get around this?

The full search string looks like this:

https:/query=active%3Dtrue%5EphoneLIKE253-847-6458

When I put in the value as a Data field only in the workflow it adds a "?" looking like the below:

https:/query=active%3Dtrue%5EphoneLIKE?253-847-6458

Any thoughts on how to get rid of the "?" so it just simply adds on whatever ANI it is for the call?

Everyone's tags (3)
2 REPLIES

Doing HTTP Workflow Action into ServiceNow in CCX 9.02

Hi,

can you please double check the URL. It does not seems to be correct.

Should be something like:

https://:/application/service?param1=paramvalue1&param2=paramvalue2

For instance

https://10.20.30.40:8443/myApp/myService?color=blue&shape=square

So actually, that ? has its place, it signals the start of the parameter list.

G.

P.S.: Just a tip: ask your web programmer to eliminate SQL injection attacks. Based on the URL you posted, there is a chance that application is vulnerable.

New Member

Doing HTTP Workflow Action into ServiceNow in CCX 9.02

Hello Gergely -

I was actually able to resolve this by doing a few things.  First off, I changed around the base URL and Path so that it matched more closely to the original search string provided from the web developer team.  Secondly, the issue was that when there were any %'s in the search string if it went through CDA it converted that into the number 25.  So to eliminate that I created the remainder of the search string as a String variable in the script, then just appended that variable to the phone number string to complete the pop.  After doing this, it now works like a champ! 

Thanks again!

285
Views
0
Helpful
2
Replies