Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Domain controller for UCCE 7 cluster

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can help me here. According to the latest UCCE SRND, the cluster require to be integrated to a windows domain.

Say if I only have a single server running as the domain controller for the UCCE cluster and that server fail.

What will happen then?

Will the UCCE cluster going to still function as normal?

Will the agent can still login to the CAD server?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards

Daniel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lpezj
Level 7
Level 7

Daniel,

If your domain controller server fails the Logger process will stop, so you can not use the Distributors. You will not be able to make changes in your configuration and you will not have webview reports.

In this case, callrouters and pgs will go on working, but if you stop the callrouters you will not be able to start the callrouters again.

All will work again when you recover the domain controller. The best way is add new domain controllers.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

lpezj
Level 7
Level 7

Daniel,

If your domain controller server fails the Logger process will stop, so you can not use the Distributors. You will not be able to make changes in your configuration and you will not have webview reports.

In this case, callrouters and pgs will go on working, but if you stop the callrouters you will not be able to start the callrouters again.

All will work again when you recover the domain controller. The best way is add new domain controllers.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

hello,

can the domain controller(s) reside on any of the UCCE servers? Are there any impacts to the UCCE application(s) to consider?

thanks!

POH

hi

It can reside with UCCE servers , but its not good practice, try to configure domain controller on different server than UCCE . please rate if helpful

Regards

Irfan Tariq Javed

Here's what the Staging Guide for Cisco ICM/IPCC Enterprise & Hosted Editions says (on page 14)

"You cannot collocate ICM components with the domain controller."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/icm_enterprise/icm_enterprise_7_0/reference/guide/icme70st.pdf

Regards,

/mao

ICMcomponents seems to indicate all UCCE servers including the admin server. Am I correct in my understanding that all UCCE servers are ICMcomponents?

Thanks in advance!

Yes - Admin Workstations would be considered ICM Components as well.

Regards,

Michael.

Thanks Michael!

Sorry if this is a redundant question, but would a CVP 4.x server be feasible as a domain controller?

POH

Think the easiest way to summarize the response is that for best practice and supportability you would want the Domain Controllers to be on servers dedicated to their Tasks - ie: stand alone DC's. Primary reasoning for this as I have understood it is that if you co-locate it with any other application you could be granting AD level permissions through a seperate vulnerability. By placing it on stand alone servers you limit your exposure.

Since ICM7.x supports integration into a corporate AD and they already have stand alone DC's in almost all instances - there's no real additional HW needed assuming the customer allows this configuration and if not then it would need to be accounted for with teh additional HW.

As to failure scenarios - effectively if you have 1 DC and it has a HW failure - you services will not be able to start once they stop again because no AD is available to process the authentication request. Until that time it would continue to run fine. If however you were to loose the original DC completely and have to rebuild the domain from scratch - you're talking about a very bad scenario in comparison to simply having a server backup of the AD box at very least or the small cost of redundant HW comparitively.

Hope it helps!

Skippy

alex.dersch
Level 4
Level 4

Since the agents are not configured in the active directory they should be able to log in. Supervisors should not be able to log in.

Cheers

Alex

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: