Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

Domain Recommendations

We are working with a client implementing IPCC 5, CCM3.3 and Unity 4 VM only into a green field site, but it needs to fit in with the existing network architecture. We want to develop with the best fit for Microsoft domain membership.

The existing domain architecture is that all devices are members of domain COMPANY. Existing email is delivered to Exchange Servers in the COMPANY domain.

Proposals are that the Roggers become domain controllers of domain IPTEL, Unity VM becomes a domain member of this, and CCM is initially run as workgroup.

Counter proposals are that the Roggers are controllers for domain IPCC, CCM servers are members of this domain and Unity is part of the domain COMPANY (Unity may migrate to a Unified Messaging at some point). A one way trust is to exist between the IPCC and the COMPANY domain.

How have other people implemented this - and why?

5 REPLIES
Blue

Re: Domain Recommendations

I have just recently rolled off a 5.0 w/ 3.3(2) implementation where I created a child domain of the companies top level domain. customerx.com, I created ipcc.customerx.com and made the two Roggers AD DC's. I added the CM's and IVR's as member servers to ipcc.customerx.com. The Unity server was a member server in the customerx.com domain. I did not run into any issues whatsoever.

Thanks for response. This is one of the Cisco recommendations. The client wants to create multiple child domains and I was after the pros and cons of integrating the ICM portions with the CCM and IVR. I take it that the Unity Server was Unified Messaging?

Blue

Yup, UM

Blue

I didn't have any issues with using the ICM domain for the CM's and IVR's

How can you assign users in ICM when the Agent Tool doesn't allow Domain names on the order of a.b.c or a_b_c?

I am having trouble getting ICM Internet script editor to work. It keeps complaining that my sign-in credentials are no good. When checking the user list in config manager, I'm not listed correctly. (Nor does using the assigned user ID work either) When I attempt to add a new user, the tool balks at the Domain Name entry point complaing about underscores or periods in the Domain Name.

Lee

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content