Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

DOUBT|comprehensive model | gateway configuration | CVP VXMLServer

Hi all,

Am setting up a comprehesive mode

call flow is like that call from ACD will come through ivr through E1 and calls will be forwrded to cvp servers by static route and bootstarp serveices is invoke for icm label creation configured in gateway.Now my doubt is,how to make some 3 to 4 servers to handle calls simultaneoulsy without preference model wihout proxy servers .As of now am working with one CVP server>need to add few more

is there any configuartion required to do this

ACD------>  gaetway------>CVP servers----->ICM-------->IVR will play

Thanks

Bala

Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

DOUBT|comprehensive model | gateway configuration | CVP VXMLServ

Hello Bala,

The only other way i can think of is sending the call to the DNS Server where it can resolve to multiple IP address using a DNS SRV file. Below is the section from CVP SRND which explains your scenario.

"When a call arrives at an Ingress Gateway, the dial peer can use DNS to alternate calls between the

two SIP Proxy Servers. The SIP Proxy Servers can also use DNS to distribute incoming calls among

multiple SIP Services. If SIP Proxy Servers are not being used, then the Ingress Gateway can use

DNS directly to distribute inbound calls among multiple SIP Services"

You can achieve this using the dial-peer Session Target.

dial-peer voice 75795 voip

session target dns:cvp.callserver.com

Have a look at the below blog which explains the SIP Proxy Reduncancy, but it can also be done for CVP

http://beaccie.blogspot.in/2009/07/ios-gateway-configuration-for-sip-proxy.html

Regards,

Senthil

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hello Bala,

The only other way i can think of is sending the call to the DNS Server where it can resolve to multiple IP address using a DNS SRV file. Below is the section from CVP SRND which explains your scenario.

"When a call arrives at an Ingress Gateway, the dial peer can use DNS to alternate calls between the

two SIP Proxy Servers. The SIP Proxy Servers can also use DNS to distribute incoming calls among

multiple SIP Services. If SIP Proxy Servers are not being used, then the Ingress Gateway can use

DNS directly to distribute inbound calls among multiple SIP Services"

You can achieve this using the dial-peer Session Target.

dial-peer voice 75795 voip

session target dns:cvp.callserver.com

Have a look at the below blog which explains the SIP Proxy Reduncancy, but it can also be done for CVP

http://beaccie.blogspot.in/2009/07/ios-gateway-configuration-for-sip-proxy.html

Regards,

Senthil

Hi Senthil,

Thanks for your response .and comment

But can u explain me ,how its work with CVP servers

thanks

bala

Hi Sentil,

Please to inform you that we have achived this by using dialpeer  configuration .

Any way thank for your rsponse, i will try to do ur idea  in lab enviroment

regards

bala

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content