Views
Helpful
Replies

Doubts with ICM / CUCM

S N
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I need your ideas to implement the below scenario for one of our customer.

Customer has 4 location E.g., North , South , East and West.

There is a TFN which is mapped to a script and when the user dials this TFN and selects the option North or South or East or West the call should go to that region.

Scenario :

The script has IF condition which checks which region the user chooses then it sends the call to a Label ( Extension number ) to the CUCM.

For Eg., when user chose North Region and ICM send that call to CUCM Label and suppose the North region user is Busy or logged out then the call should go to South Region extension.

How to implement the above scenario , is there option in Script to check with CUCM whether the extension is busy or loggedout and send the call to other region or it can be done with CUCM configuration.

Regards

Sathya

5 Replies 5

Chintan Gajjar
Level 8
Level 8

Are You using CVP in deployment?

if yes, Target Requery is the option out there which perfectly suits your requirement.

Regards

Chintan

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, We are using CVP in our environment.

So whether I need to use Dynamic Label instead of static one and if Dynamic how I can enter the extension for eg., North and South extension so that once North extn fails it should go to South region extension.

Regards

Sathya

Sathya,

In Target Requery, When your Peripheral fails to Deliver call to Target or Label, it will submit re route request to Router and Router will resume the script execution from failure node and takes the routing Up.

So lets assume that call comes to CVP on TFN, and hits ICM Script.

In script you play menu to caller and get the selection(south,north,west,east)

now based on selection, you are using label node to send LABEL back to CVP and the same label will point to device or CTI RP on CUCM using CVP static routes.

now in the label node, check the target requery check box. i have attached screen shot.

enabling this will Add failure path to label node, and you can use the failure path to send one more label back to CVP which points to some other zone.

The Label can be dynamic or static, however you wish.

i have also attached one sample script, where call comes DN, and i do send to VRU, and after successful operation i send one label back to CVP and if that fails i send one more label back to CVP.

i hope this clears your doubts.

Regards

Chintan

~please rate all helpful posts and mark the answer as correct if any

Thanks one more doubt may seem silly one.

In the Label while enabling the Target ReQuery option will it enable for all the Label or the one which we select?

Will there be any impact while enabling this option.

Regards

Sathya

It will be enabled for only that particular node in Script, not for All the nodes.

and there is no impact of this, as this is just a feature of ICM you are using.

other than dropping call, you are actually handling them in scripting and just routing them to different target.

regards

Chintan

~please rate all helpful posts and mark the answer as correct if any