Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Dynamic changes to user prompts

In my struggle to convet my scipts from 3.5 to 7 I have come across the following.

I have scripts that users could run to re-record user prompts (emergency outages, etc)

In 3.5 you could do just "write" the recorded file over the old one.  In  7 its all database driven.

Funny thing is my old script works.   That is will overwrite the old message on the server and will play in the script .  But  the Prompt Management system does not recongonize  the changes, as I expected it would.

Just because it works doesn't mean its correct. I'm pretty sure it would NOT work in 8.0

Is the Document Step --> Upload  the command I need to "upload" the newly recorded prompt? or is there a Write doc function I'm not familiar with.

also in the upload step what type of user credentials get entered in the "User" dialog box??

The docs describe it the dialog box as "The authenticated user generating and uploading the document"  .... Where does this user get authenticated?

My users get authenticated against their UCM accounts I sure that is not what they mean.

-Kevin-

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dynamic changes to user prompts

I use the Upload prompt step in my prompt management scripts. I

authenticate the users using the following procedure:

Variables that start with ³str² are strings, ³usr² are users, ³bln² is

boolean, etc.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Super Bronze

Hi Kevin

Some pointers:

- First do a 'get user' step to retrieve a user object based on a key (i.e. userid or ipcc extension)

- Second, authenticate that user using an auth user object

- Third, do the upload referencing that user - the params etc you listed look OK to me

If you have all the above, then you must ensure that the user that you are using is Supervisor or Administrator - normal 'agents' don't have write rights to the repository.

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
3 REPLIES

I use the Upload prompt step in my prompt management scripts. I

authenticate the users using the following procedure:

Variables that start with ³str² are strings, ³usr² are users, ³bln² is

boolean, etc.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Community Member

I've been the last hour trying to get the upload step working.  It keeps branching to Unsuccessful and I've tried a bunch of combinations of variables into the step.

I assume that the type of user doesn't matter as long as it is recognizedas a user

I used your example and did a user variable  uAuth_User = Get User (uid,Pin) ... It works and branches successful.

My prompt in the prompt manager im trying to upload to is under Language en_CA --> Folder --> AdultEd --> FileName --> Status_message.wav

my upload step dialog box looks as follows

sPrompt_Name I've tried a bunch of different strings to reflect the path.  It currently is set to "AdultEd//Status_message.wav"

Document variable is good as it is a successful recording and User auth'ed OK.  I'm at a loss.

The Name definition field is my problem.  If got the syntax wrong im sure  ...

-Kevin-

Super Bronze

Hi Kevin

Some pointers:

- First do a 'get user' step to retrieve a user object based on a key (i.e. userid or ipcc extension)

- Second, authenticate that user using an auth user object

- Third, do the upload referencing that user - the params etc you listed look OK to me

If you have all the above, then you must ensure that the user that you are using is Supervisor or Administrator - normal 'agents' don't have write rights to the repository.

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content