cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Easy Question

kgroves42
Level 3
Level 3

I have an IPCC express version 4.0 and I am wondering How can I change the announcement for hold times when I am in queue from the number of seconds to minutes. So right now it says your hold time is 120 seconds. I want it to say 2 minutes. Is that easy to change?

Thanks

Ken

7 Replies 7

thomas.chen
Level 6
Level 6

mmelbourne
Level 5
Level 5

Create an integer variable and use a Set step with the expression editor to divide the number of seconds by 60 and then use this value in a generated prompt.

Ideally, you could do with a mathematical 'ceiling' function (the smallest integer not less than x). For example, the result of INT(119/60) is 1 when the true wait time is closer to 2 minutes.

Assuming your wait time is in a variable 'waittime' (in seconds), then the wait time, rounded using the ceiling function is found by: -1 * INT (-1 * (waittime/60))

Please rate useful posts.

can you show an example of how to implement this function in IPCC Express 4.0? I can make this function work like a champ in Excel, but I'm not sure how to implement it in the CRS expression editor. Any help is greatly appreciated.

For every minute, 30 sec and above, add .5 and take the integer

do this

Define intMinute as Integer

fltSeconds as float

Set Step

Variable. MinuteValue

Value. (fltSeconds/60.0+.5)

The set will Cast the result(float) to an integer

Thanks for the info... It works using your info, but I had to tweak it just a little.

intSeconds = Get Reporting Statistic(Avg Wait...)

set fltSeconds = intSeconds.floatValue()

set intMinutes = (fltSeconds/60.0+ .5)

That gets my intMinutes converted from the floating point to the integer successfully. It works great. Thanks for the assistance!

glad to steer you in the direction

please rate usefull posts

Hi,

Would you be able to save me a whole lot of time and effort and send me this script please? I would really aprecciate it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: